Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was a phone interview followed by several face to face interviews with the personal training manager, club manager and regional manager. If you made it past all the interviews there was a week of training

Interview Questions

• Playing the part of a personal trainer plays a big role into this job. How do you keep up with your fitness levels?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and a week later was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Complete a phone interview discussing my background as well as a cultural fit. The interview went well and the recruiter indicated she wanted to move me to the next stage in the process and would be in touch within 5 days to schedule. She never contacted me again, even after I inquired via email and voicemail. I certainly respect if you do not move forward with a candidate or something else happens but not contacting the person back after indicating they would leaves a poor image of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this company? (She elaborated about the company health mission etc)   Answer Question

Front Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vestavia, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Vestavia, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

After a short phone interview, met in person with the Spa Manager and the GM. Was much more conversational than structured. Required to memorize and repeat their Mission Statement to the GM.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Boulder, CO).

Interview

3 part interview, 2 coding tests and a meeting with general managers, engineering team managers and head engineering manager. First two codinginterviews were 2 hours long. The last person to person interview was 3 hours.

Esthetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Very friendly, positive and easy to talk to. Standard interview questions: Describe a time you went above and beyond to help a client, what did you like most/least about previous job. Etc.

Interview Questions

• What is 1 thing you would do to market yourself to build up your business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have moved on to the 2nd interview. Negotiations have not taken place yet.

Member Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online .. it took about 3 days to get a call back. Had an over the phone interview and it went great. Then was asked to come in person for an interview ... then had a interview with the spa manager in which i recited the mission statement. Then was hired on the spot.

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Novi, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

4 step interview process, started off with a phone interview, then in person with the business manager, then a hands on skill set demonstration interview with the new employee manager, then a final interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would be a perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Nutrition Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Harrison, NY).

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty painless in my experience although I have heard that others had to meet with the club manager as well. I had a brief phone interview with the personal training department head and then we scheduled to meet. When I met with her it was very casual and informal. I felt at ease. I an not remember specific details as it was over two years ago now but it was more of a conversation than typical interview questions and answers.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

My interview lasted all of 15 minutes. After 5 minutes the interviewer and imposed an assumption on me that I could not be successful in the position because I was a wife and mother. Being that she was single with no kids, and the only "successful" sales people were single with no children, she didn't want to "set me up for failure".

It's very sad that a company that puts so much emphasis on fit lifestyle, and family fit lifestyle has people working for them that impose an opinion that I couldn't possibly good at a a job because I have children. The fact that I have children is a motivator for me to work, hard, smarter, and more efficiently so that I can spend time with them. I went from actively pursuing and watching for opportunities with this company to I wouldn't recommend anyone work here. That's sad.

If you are a family person...don't bother applying here.

Female Locker Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Rockville, MD).

Interview

My manager was high as a kite and reeked of weed when he interviewed me. But I really wanted the job so i dealt with it. The interview questions were something out of a kindergarden book. ANYONE can get in. I seriously cant believe how easy it is to get in. But in my experience its a terrible place to work

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this?   1 Answer