Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Member Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online .. it took about 3 days to get a call back. Had an over the phone interview and it went great. Then was asked to come in person for an interview ... then had a interview with the spa manager in which i recited the mission statement. Then was hired on the spot.

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Novi, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

4 step interview process, started off with a phone interview, then in person with the business manager, then a hands on skill set demonstration interview with the new employee manager, then a final interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you would be a perfect candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Nutrition Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Harrison, NY).

Interview

The entire interview process was pretty painless in my experience although I have heard that others had to meet with the club manager as well. I had a brief phone interview with the personal training department head and then we scheduled to meet. When I met with her it was very casual and informal. I felt at ease. I an not remember specific details as it was over two years ago now but it was more of a conversation than typical interview questions and answers.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

My interview lasted all of 15 minutes. After 5 minutes the interviewer and imposed an assumption on me that I could not be successful in the position because I was a wife and mother. Being that she was single with no kids, and the only "successful" sales people were single with no children, she didn't want to "set me up for failure".

It's very sad that a company that puts so much emphasis on fit lifestyle, and family fit lifestyle has people working for them that impose an opinion that I couldn't possibly good at a a job because I have children. The fact that I have children is a motivator for me to work, hard, smarter, and more efficiently so that I can spend time with them. I went from actively pursuing and watching for opportunities with this company to I wouldn't recommend anyone work here. That's sad.

If you are a family person...don't bother applying here.

Female Locker Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Rockville, MD).

Interview

My manager was high as a kite and reeked of weed when he interviewed me. But I really wanted the job so i dealt with it. The interview questions were something out of a kindergarden book. ANYONE can get in. I seriously cant believe how easy it is to get in. But in my experience its a terrible place to work

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this?   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Syosset, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Not too bad of an interview, very important to be customer service oriented but also to know a lot about the position you're applying for. They take the healthy lifestyle very seriously and you have to know the mission statement!

First you'll meet with your departments manager.
    Then, with their okay, you'll meet with the general manager.
    Then, they'll background check you
    Then, you'll have to take an online training course.
    After the course, you have to shadow every level of swimming class they have.
    Finally, you'll have to take a written test and pass with at least 90%.

Kids Academy Guru Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a three step interview process for me. I first went to a company job fair hosted at one of the local hotels near the anticipated site of the new location. I met with the department assistant manager. The second interview was by invitation. I gave a demo lesson of the anticipated subjects. The third interview was with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• -What do you dislike about teaching (assistant manager).
      -what is the lifetime fitness mission statement?   Answer Question

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Garden City, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Was the most redundant process I have ever experienced. Had four different face-to-face interviews with different levels of management plus had a phone interview. In addition, had to do a self recorded video interview which consisted of recording myself answering randomly displayed questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had difficulties with a project or task and how did you over-come it.   Answer Question

Hairstylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call an hour later after submitting an application. Went in the next day for my first interview, was asked for a practical interview and then my last interview memorizing the statement with the GM.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I interviewed with General Manager where I was asked questions and was critiqued and evaluated on pre-set question format. The process was normal and what you would expect in an interview. Overall, I would say the interview was rather typical for the job and relatively easy. The overall experience was ok - however I was misguided in that the company would be decent to work for and provide a real opportunity. They are very specific in presentation skills and look to attract people who posses a certain skill set and ability to influence and attract people.

Interview Questions

• What ways have you gone above and beyond to provide exceptional service?   Answer Question