Life Time Fitness Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Unorganized. Café Manager seemed new. She didn't know the industry standard certification required for bartending in Georgia. Also, she asked me questions that are against the law, like if I was married and had any children.

Interview Questions

• Do you have bartending experience   1 Answer

Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Goodyear, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with operations manger about past experience and going over what the job entails, making sure you understand that operations is mostly cleaning and customer service, followed by an in person interview with Operations Manager (takes about 30 minutes), final interview with general manager to go over mission statement etc.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you and your co worker didn't get along and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a team panel Interview. All of the interview questions were scripted questions. The company is very tied to health and a healthy lifestyle. It was an emotionless experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify with Life Time's mission? (They recited the mission statement)   Answer Question

Salon Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First started with a Phone call interview, which we immediately scheduled an in person interview. At the interview everything was going well, originally I applied for a receptionist position but after I told them that I was a licensed cosmetologist they wanted me to apply for a hairstylist position so I did. So called back to meet with another manager and schedule a practical, went in again for practical and another interview then after about 3 months of back and fourth they told me they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of hairdressing for me?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

4interviews. Drawn out process. Poor communication. Very casual. Very easy to get hired. Unorganized. Late to interview me. Pretty good overall though. they interviewed me while walking around the gym

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chanhassen, MN).

Interview

It felt very rushed and impersonal. Threw me right into the practical assessment scenarios without giving me a tour of the facility or any other background info on how the club is run. Felt like they didn't care if I wanted do there. More like they were trying to intimidate me.

Life Cafe Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Applied online for a location that was just about to open. They called immediately to set up an in person interview. They brought me into the gym where the cafe was going to open.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Sorry to say I had a very bad experience, actually 2, at Life Time Fitness / Athlinks. I applied a year ago for a Senior Software Engineer position. I went in for an in person interview which went well; it was straight-forward Java questions -- recursion, design a db schema, etc. They said they'd like to have me back in for a coding exercise, which I was happy to do (I've been a Java developer since the late nineties). When I got there, the exercises were in Scala. I reminded them that I didn't know Scala (their ad said it wasn't required). I offered to take home the test and learn enough Scala that evening to do the exercises and turn in the answers. They said I had to do it there, so I did my best for 1 1/2 hours, mostly thinking "I really should be at work". I didn't get the job. Unfortunately, I do have a male colleague who is also a Java developer that does not know Scala either who applied there at the same time. He was not asked to take the Scala test. He did get an offer.

A year passed and I had been working in Big Data technologies which has been really great and interesting. I saw an ad for Life Time again. They were looking for a Java developer with Big Data technologies who wants to learn Scala. This one clearly said, learn Scala on the job, and I applied. Well, yes, this is getting to a "Fool me twice, shame on me" ending. I immediately got a response that they'd like an in person interview and that I should first take an at home coding exercise, which was great because I could see it was in Java. I spent the evening doing the exercises and submitted it. I got an email back that the job had been temporarily put on hold...then a week or two later it had been re-opened and they asked when I could come into the office. I provided times of my availability. I got a response saying that I had interviewed there a year ago and they don't want to have me in again...AFTER having me do a coding exercise. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate. I am curious about their development staff, because both of my experiences seemed very fishy, like they were interested in my technical qualifications, but...

Fortunately the market's really good and it's not about getting that job per se, it's about how you treat people.

Pros:
    They do have a very nice office in Louisville, CO.

Life SPA Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online - was emailed about an interview two days later - scheduled the interview for two days after that. Met the spa manager - she asked how I heard about the job, why I was interested in Lifetime fitness, what I planned to do after college, questions about my previous work experience, asked me to describe situations in which I provided excellent customer service, etc...

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a customer in need of assistance approach you while you were already working on another task. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Certified Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Algonquin, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple, you chat with the personal trainer supervisor about the position specifics (100% commission), what the job entails. Then a practical interview with another trainer, discuss progressions, regressions, and exercise cueing. then a final interview with general manager which is basically reciting their mission and values.

Interview Questions

• Certifications? Overall background experience? Comfort level with sales and selling yourself?   Answer Question