Life Time Fitness Member Engagement Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Member Engagement Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.6

Member Engagement Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness in May 2015.

Interview

First you meet with the sales manager, followed by the location general manger, before finally interviewing with the regional manager. many steps in the interview process, but it makes it feel that much better to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Troy, MI).

Interview

Submitted application online, MEM (Member Engagement Manager) set up appointment to meet within a couple of days, met with her and it was pretty basic (they'll basically take anyone willing to cold call and work 70+ hours per week - even without sales experience). After that I interviewed with the GM of the club, same interview... Life Time is full of robots so they just read off of a sheet that corporate gives them and they rate whether or not you filled in all of their little boxes. Basically all you have to do (and they'll tell you this) is give them a specific incidence or example of whatever question they want answered, what happened, what you did, and what the outcome was. After that you'll meet with the Regional, same interview again... and you're done. All of this should take about a week or two. If you can pretend to be an aggressive drone you'll be fine. They actually tell their sales people to drill the person in front of them until they get pissed enough to walk away so get ready for that.

Negotiation

It's 100% commission and you'll work more than 70 hours per week and average about $11 an hour if you're good at what you do... Look elsewhere, there's much better out there; don't settle on this.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Very lengthly and through. They want to make sure they are hiring people who can handle the hours and who can handle the work it takes to actually make money doing something like that. I interviewed with my manager, his manager, and also the regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Basic interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses and why are you interested in sales?
    Are you comfortable working in a 100% commission position? Comfortable with long hours? (i.e. 55+ hours per week to consistently meet your sales quota for the month)

Nothing should catch you off guard, it's not an overly stressful set of questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to sell something.   Answer Question

Received a better offer from competitor, salary position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the sales manager first, then the General Manager. I already knew them so it was just a little history and job expectations. It was not a typical interview because I was already familiar with the managers and had worked for Lifetime previously.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable am I with sales and having to hit quotas every month   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Cary, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

7 day training at headquarters in Minn. Passing the testing and touring, then you get back ready to roll. High turn over. Not always nice employees. Will not even talk to you because one may not stay. If stay for a while and make it then maybe they will be friendly. They seemed threatened by ne employees.

Interview Questions

• Did enjoy working with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

one phone interview and one in-person interview. I was told it would have been a 3 interview process, but my first was with the regional sales director. A lot of the questions were open ended; I was told after the hire that it's not necessarily what you answer with, but how you answer it. Be positive with your responses. Both managers were friendly and easy to talk to. The final interview did last over an hour on the phone though.

Interview Questions

• Give me a difficult work scenario.   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult thing you've been through?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

basic interview questions like why are you the best candidate, describing past experiance and how it will help in a customer service background. they are looking for a combination of customer service and sales. the more you can contribute to the sales team the better. as well as positive attitude. this job can get frustrating so being able to walk in with a clean slate every day is key

Interview Questions

• asked about past experiance and what makes you the best candidate   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation as there is no base pay. sky is the limit when it comes to money if you are willing to hustle for it

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Garland, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with club manager. Very casual, simply had a fluid conversation to discuss my past experience and what my goals were looking forward. We went over what makes the club different from others, and inquired if I were able to adapt to the way they do business. Overall it was a very friendly environment

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I had used their online process for submitting my application and not heard anything for a while. I then went in to the Lifetime I was applying for and dropped my resume off with the receptionist and asked if she could give it to the Member Engagement Manager. 2 days later i received a call from him asking if I could go in for an interview the next day. Obviously, I said yes. I dressed smartly, in my suit. When I arrived i was greeted by him and his assistant an went into his office. They went over my resume, asked me about my previous place of work and what experiences I had incurred. He then asked me to tell him about a situation where I had a problem, what I did about it, and what was the outcome. So i used an example of something from my previous job. This went down really well as there was some similarities in what I was talking about and problems that they had dealt with there. They asked me about goal setting. I told them that I was well aware of having to go above and beyond to get the results to ensure the club reached their targets. He then asked me how much I wanted to earn, I said I'd be pleased if I could make $50k, he replied "i guarantee you will make at least $50k, you should set your eyes on $70-75k" Im not sure whether he was just saying it to get me on board or not. At the end of the interview he said that he was really excited about me and that I was his best interview. He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to earn?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He printed out the mission and vision statement and told me to memeorize it for the interview with GM. He said he would call me to come back and have an interview with the GM. 2 days later I got the call. The GM sat me down asked me to go through my whole background, asked what brought me to the U.S and 'Why lifetime'? asked me to tell him the missiona nd vision statement, I froze, I had forgot the last line of both!! I was worried I'd blown it. He showed me around and said he would speak to the Member Engagement Manager ( who I had first interview with ) and get him to call me about the next step. 2 days later the regional manager called me and again went through my resume, asked me some direct questions. he then said i think you will be a great addition to the Lifetime Fitness Team. I have since been in and filled out background checks and gave them other info. I will find out hopefully this week when my training will start, they will send me away to Minnesota for a week to get my certification and then i will start earning $$$