Life Time Fitness Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

There were 3 Interviews, one by phone with one of the Head Trainers at the facility; an interactive interview, which was a mock training session where I acted as the trainer and was given two "clients" who were other trainers, to train. Then the final interview was with the club manager and programs director to make sure that I was a good fit for the entire club.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite superhero, and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was relocating to the area where I applied. This process went on for around three months with 3 separate phone interviews. When I got to the area I went in for a practical interview. This was fine and the training manager was very nice and professional. Said he'd be in touch soon to let me know. Had ANOTHER phone interview with someone out of New Jersey. That was also fine. Then waited around 4 weeks for scheduled interview with the GM. Had their mission statement memorized, but not their 3 behaviors so was asked to reschedule. I accepted another position with a different company and thanked them for their consideration. *Did not interview with any women throughout this process, and did not appear to be any women in management roles in the location I was in.*

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Troy, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Over the Phone type of interview from the personal training manager at the gym asking me general questions but wanted to know sales more than training people or pertaining to it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal training, but mainly went to sales experiences   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. The first was a phone screening that was short. Second interview was an in person interview. Last was a practicum. The in person interview was pretty standard, asking me why I wanted to apply. He also asked me a lot about my background outside of training which I didn't really expect, so be prepared to answer that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Went for a tour of the facility. Met some of the staff members who were busy running the facility. It was super friendly and open and neat. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Overland Park, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with assistant training manager followed by a one on one interview and several subsequent interviews with general manager that included practical scenarios and metabolic testing. The position is 100% commission based so be prepared for this going into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you recite Life Times mission and vision statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

Initial phone screen with general questions on background and why interested in company. Then 1:1 interview mainly targeted selection questions along with general interview questions about your background. Then one to a practical interview where you work someone out. Final interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent change that happened in your life, how did you adapt to this change   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial contact was a phone interview followed by several face to face interviews with the personal training manager, club manager and regional manager. If you made it past all the interviews there was a week of training

Interview Questions

• Playing the part of a personal trainer plays a big role into this job. How do you keep up with your fitness levels?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had one in person interview with a manger and then had the second round practical. The practical was basically putting a manager through a short workout with a couple different circuits. Other fitness managers were watching as I was going through the workout. They then asked me a series of questions about my sales experience and went through mock conversations between a client and personal trainer.

Personal Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

5 interviews. While it was long, it was very thorough
    Started with a phone call, then two in-person interviews. One usual one with the department head and another practical where I had to train a trainer as well as go up to people working out and approach them on the floor with questions about their experience at Life Time.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a personal trainer   1 Answer