Life Time Fitness Swim Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Life Time Fitness Swim Instructor Interview Questions

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Syosset, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Not too bad of an interview, very important to be customer service oriented but also to know a lot about the position you're applying for. They take the healthy lifestyle very seriously and you have to know the mission statement!

First you'll meet with your departments manager.
Then, with their okay, you'll meet with the general manager.
Then, they'll background check you
Then, you'll have to take an online training course.
After the course, you have to shadow every level of swimming class they have.
Finally, you'll have to take a written test and pass with at least 90%.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview that allowed the Assistant Manager to get a "feel for your personalities." From there she said that if we qualified, we'd be handed over to the General Manager, and he'd decide whther we got the job. Questions were not typical one on one interview questions, and since it was my first interview, I was totally unprepared. Most of the questions referenced LIFETIME's values and what they stood for, and then asked you to share an experience related to it.

Interview Questions

• LIFETIME values teamwork - name one time where you exhibited this   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Group interview, followed by in person with department head and another in person with the general manager. Was expected to memorize and recite mission statement prior to GM interview. Department head was friendly and positive, and wanted to help prepare to show a good candidate to the GM.

Lifetime uses their own teaching system, so experience with their method was not expected or discussed. Previous experience with other training systems did factor in, however.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I called after I submitted my application and followed up. I scheduled an interview with the Aquatics Manager. The interview was very straight forward and the questions were based around teaching and children. I was phone interviewed by the Department head shortly after and she gave the go ahead to hire me. Overall, the process was easy.

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness.

Interview

I applied on the website and within a few days I received an email requesting an interview. I called and set up the interview and went in. There was a group of people and we had to swim and then individual talk to the management. We discussed past experience and how you would benefit Lifetime. You also had to swim 100m relay. After the meeting they had us wait and then and there I was told I had a job. They gave me a packet and told me I need to memorize the mission statement. I set an appointment for the second meeting at that point. I came in for the second meeting and spoke to someone in the HR department, I recited the mission statement and then answered questions about what I was interested in gaining from Lifetime. I was put into the system at that time and they also set up my free membership.

Interview Questions

• They asked what would I do if a parent tried to force me into pushing the student into the next levee.   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

Interview

A lot of focus on whether you know the Mission and Vision of the company and not whether or not you know how to do the job.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Mansfield, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

You will come into the office and the Department Head and Supervisor will interview you and do a character analysis in order to see if you are for for the positions. You must also take a swim test and a CPR/First Aid/AED test for your certification.

Swimming Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Garland, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Very informal. 4 Behavioral Questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Garland, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview questions were basic. Laid back but straight forward. There are two interviews. After the first interview, I was required to swim to prove that I knew how. The second "interview" is shadowing to see if you're a fit.

Anonymous Employee in Atascocita, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Life Time Fitness (Atascocita, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

First interview was with the department head of the pool. She prepared me for different questions that might be asked and also gave me paper work to keep and also fill out. The second inverview was with the business manager with 2 other people and it was mainly to find out more about lifetime and to go over different mottos of the company and see if we were a good fit to work there. The last interview was with the GM of the club to get to know you and again see if you are a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lifetime?   1 Answer