LifeWay Christian Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LifeWay Christian Resources Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.3

EBook Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in August 2016.

Interview

Was approached by a staffing agency then by Lifeway themselves for a job position to develop eBooks for their company. Months would go by between contact despite trying to contact them (which they would not answer). Finally gave up trying to get ahold of them and moved onto other things.

Initially I was contacted by phone by the staffing agency, then by e-mail by Lifeway themselves. I finally did land an initial interview via Google Hangouts (which ocurred two months after the first phone call) and was scheduled for a group video chat as a second screening interview. This never happened and the employer would not return phone calls or e-mails.

While the only video interview went fairly well, the overall interview experience from contact to hearing nothing was very negative and sloppy. It was if they had no care or urgency to fill their position. Lifeway also seemed more concerned about hiring a Christian seminary/pastor than someone who could actually do their job; I was told that the second interview that the members wanted to know about my faith and its extent, despite stating several times that I was religious and a Christian.

I would not work for this company, nor accept any future job offers from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Christian? What kind of religious background and training do you have?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any Java or other programming language experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to use the Adobe suite?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (College Station, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly easy. It was just a part time position and they needed people to work. As long as you are honest you should get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basically I applied online and was eventually called into the store manager's office. He asked a few questions but it was very simple and easy. As long as you know how to breath and walk, you should be perfectly fine.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applications were online, and I got called in for an interview about 2 months after I submitted. But once the interview actually took place, it was quick and easy. We talked for 20-30 minutes and then I was hired then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview 20 minutes later for the next day.
    The interview was pretty casual in the managers office. She asked me about myself, my education, my faith, etc.
    She said she'd call Friday and she never did. I'm a student and I think I just didn't have enough hours of availability.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable praying with a customer?   1 Answer

Print Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Very thorough and concerned about a good fit for them and ME. Impressive. Was nice to be in contact with HR and department director to receive information timely. The entire process with excellent.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in August 2015.

Interview

They asked me why did i want to work there. He said "who are you?" He explained expectstion. Told me that working on saturdays was mandatory to get the job.

Interview Questions

• " Who are you"
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      He said:" don't tell me because this is a Christian enviorment.."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Houston, TX).

Interview

It wasn't difficult at all.
    They sat me down, looked over my resume, and asked what I knew about particular items regarding bible companies, authors, and the more popular faith based items. The manager was extremely laid back and a lot more casual than I had previously thought he would be. In fact, the entire atmosphere was a lot more relaxed than I had imagined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process at the store I applied to was actually pretty negative. I went to the first interview and the manager basically told me all the tasks I would be doing and if I could handle them. Then when I did a background check for them and went to the next interview, he never showed up. Apparently he forgot about my interview so I left my info and resume and he has never called me back since. He repeatedly got me mixed up with people while talking on the phone several times as well. I am a fan of Lifeway and what they stand for, but I definitely did not have a positive interview experience at my local one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think youre going to Heaven?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

They first asked me to explain how/why I became a Christian. If you aren't a Christian, they'll know and won't hire you. There was one phone interview and one panel interview with directors.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff. Strengths/weaknesses. How have you handled failure/success at previous jobs? Asked one or two questions to throw me off and see how I responded (wanted to see if I would lie and make something up).   Answer Question