LifeWay Christian Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colo, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Colo, IA) in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, set up a time, did interview, no difficult questions, was told one other person was being interviewed (this was in 2006, the good old days), got call with job offer later that afternoon. Second time around, just asked for my job back and got it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in February 2018.

Interview

Very thorough, good indication of company culture - good communication channel throughout the process, very candidate-centered and helpful, the questions were relevant, very timely in communicating with me and giving me the offer

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you went above and beyond in a project, in solving a problem, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 30-45 minute one-sided conversation, in which the manager told me about the various aspects of the job. Including but not limited to, when various shipments come, store hours and greeting and helping customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

They first asked me to explain how/why I became a Christian. If you aren't a Christian, they'll know and won't hire you. There was one phone interview and one panel interview with directors.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff. Strengths/weaknesses. How have you handled failure/success at previous jobs? Asked one or two questions to throw me off and see how I responded (wanted to see if I would lie and make something up).   Answer Question

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Excellent interview the manager explained their mission to share the gospel and being mission minded and provide hope for those they come in contact with. The company is more than a business it seeks glory for God. Really loved it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any doubts in sharing your faith with customers?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Chambersburg, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Straight forward interview, with a mix of standard questions followed by some behavioral questions. Due to an acquisition process, the interview was done with some regional managers, this is not standard procedure, typically the interview and decision to hire is made by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Can you give me an example of a time when you made a mistake and what you did to correct the problem. Other questions revolved around teamwork.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in September 2013.

Interview

The first step is an online application. This is relatively easy and generic. The interview process, for me, consisted of only one interview with the District Managers. The interview was relatively easy and painless. The questions were typical of any interview (strengths/weaknesses, skill set, personality etc...). For this position one of the biggest questions they ask is to describe your leadership style and explain how it is effective. Lastly, they will ask you to "sell something" to them. This could be anything you have with you, your watch, your tie, your wallet, anything! This is to get a grasp on how well you can sell, add on sell, and upsell.

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Interview Questions

• I met with the store Manager and the store Assistant Manager. I was asked questions about product knowledge, music artists, authors and faith. The more you know about faith-based and ministry-based products the more likely you are to get the position. It helps to be friendly and understand customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Its pretty simple. Similar to other online job requests. First you submitted an online application, then they send you an email confirmation. I applied on the weekend so it took a minute to hear back. I called the store I applied to regarding application, had interview. Went well. I enjoy the environment. It's nice to meet others in ministry and of the same faith as you.

Interview Questions

• What religious Affiliation are you associated with?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online Application
    2) Received an email requesting an interview with the store manager.
    3) The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    4) The manager said he would make a decision within the next week. It has not yet been a week so I have not heard back.
    5) The second interview consists of signing paperwork and presenting a blank check, etc.

Must be willing to work Black Friday and one day a year for inventory until 2 a.m. Flexible schedule required as all Store Associates are part time and change hours regularly depending on availability and seasonal sales volume. Stores close at 8 p.m. except during holiday hours and the stores are closed on Sunday.

No offer yet, but it has not been a week yet. Pay is not great and it would require working some evenings and Saturdays.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education, past work experience, and availability. He asked about my salvation. How would your teachers and supervisors describe you? Why retail and why Lifeway? Some questions were pretty deep and required some thought. We discussed the vision of Lifeway and I was asked how I would live it out as a Lifeway employee.   Answer Question