LifeWay Christian Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

EBook Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in August 2016.

Interview

Was approached by a staffing agency then by Lifeway themselves for a job position to develop eBooks for their company. Months would go by between contact despite trying to contact them (which they would not answer). Finally gave up trying to get ahold of them and moved onto other things.

Initially I was contacted by phone by the staffing agency, then by e-mail by Lifeway themselves. I finally did land an initial interview via Google Hangouts (which ocurred two months after the first phone call) and was scheduled for a group video chat as a second screening interview. This never happened and the employer would not return phone calls or e-mails.

While the only video interview went fairly well, the overall interview experience from contact to hearing nothing was very negative and sloppy. It was if they had no care or urgency to fill their position. Lifeway also seemed more concerned about hiring a Christian seminary/pastor than someone who could actually do their job; I was told that the second interview that the members wanted to know about my faith and its extent, despite stating several times that I was religious and a Christian.

I would not work for this company, nor accept any future job offers from them.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Christian? What kind of religious background and training do you have?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any Java or other programming language experience?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to use the Adobe suite?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview 20 minutes later for the next day.
    The interview was pretty casual in the managers office. She asked me about myself, my education, my faith, etc.
    She said she'd call Friday and she never did. I'm a student and I think I just didn't have enough hours of availability.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable praying with a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process at the store I applied to was actually pretty negative. I went to the first interview and the manager basically told me all the tasks I would be doing and if I could handle them. Then when I did a background check for them and went to the next interview, he never showed up. Apparently he forgot about my interview so I left my info and resume and he has never called me back since. He repeatedly got me mixed up with people while talking on the phone several times as well. I am a fan of Lifeway and what they stand for, but I definitely did not have a positive interview experience at my local one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think youre going to Heaven?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

looking at personal portfolio. It was very interesting but laid back for the most part. Of course there was a lot of faith based questions which were completely okay with me given my faith. I enjoyed the overall process and would enjoy working for this company.

Interview Questions

• How would I fit in the role   1 Answer

LifeWay Christian Resources Response

Jun 1, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy to hear that your interview experience was positive. We encourage you to please continue to monitor our career site www.lifeway.jobs for other open positions that you might be... More

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online Application
    2) Received an email requesting an interview with the store manager.
    3) The interview lasted about 30 minutes.
    4) The manager said he would make a decision within the next week. It has not yet been a week so I have not heard back.
    5) The second interview consists of signing paperwork and presenting a blank check, etc.

Must be willing to work Black Friday and one day a year for inventory until 2 a.m. Flexible schedule required as all Store Associates are part time and change hours regularly depending on availability and seasonal sales volume. Stores close at 8 p.m. except during holiday hours and the stores are closed on Sunday.

No offer yet, but it has not been a week yet. Pay is not great and it would require working some evenings and Saturdays.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education, past work experience, and availability. He asked about my salvation. How would your teachers and supervisors describe you? Why retail and why Lifeway? Some questions were pretty deep and required some thought. We discussed the vision of Lifeway and I was asked how I would live it out as a Lifeway employee.   Answer Question

Global Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Received email from HR requesting to set up Skype Interview because I was out of state. I set up time to interview in person rather than over computer. HR representative was a pleasure to deal with and made the process easier.

I interviewed with the person I would report to. Thoroughly enjoyed interview and learning more about Lifeway.

Took almost 2 months to hear back regarding decision due to holiday and the amount of people that applied. Received an email from HR.

Interview Questions

LifeWay Christian Resources Response

Jan 26, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the job opportunity did not work out this time however we do hope that you keep LifeWay in mind for future career opportunities. We encourage you to... More

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Flew down to headquarters interviewed in small room with six other district managers

Interview Questions

• Didn't seem to like answers about tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Media Project Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Na-Duar (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Na-Duar (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

LifeWay reached out to me pretty quickly. Within two weeks of applying I received an email stating they wished to conduct a phone interview with me. The interviewer was very respectful and seemed to genuinely care. I made it a couple steps further from there but ultimately did not get the position. My experience from beginning to end went quite well, I have no complaints.