LifeWay Christian Resources Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.0

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (College Station, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was incredibly easy. It was just a part time position and they needed people to work. As long as you are honest you should get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LifeWay Christian Resources

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Houston, TX).

Interview

Basically I applied online and was eventually called into the store manager's office. He asked a few questions but it was very simple and easy. As long as you know how to breath and walk, you should be perfectly fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview 20 minutes later for the next day.
    The interview was pretty casual in the managers office. She asked me about myself, my education, my faith, etc.
    She said she'd call Friday and she never did. I'm a student and I think I just didn't have enough hours of availability.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable praying with a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources in August 2015.

Interview

They asked me why did i want to work there. He said "who are you?" He explained expectstion. Told me that working on saturdays was mandatory to get the job.

Interview Questions

• " Who are you"
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      He said:" don't tell me because this is a Christian enviorment.."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Houston, TX).

Interview

It wasn't difficult at all.
    They sat me down, looked over my resume, and asked what I knew about particular items regarding bible companies, authors, and the more popular faith based items. The manager was extremely laid back and a lot more casual than I had previously thought he would be. In fact, the entire atmosphere was a lot more relaxed than I had imagined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process at the store I applied to was actually pretty negative. I went to the first interview and the manager basically told me all the tasks I would be doing and if I could handle them. Then when I did a background check for them and went to the next interview, he never showed up. Apparently he forgot about my interview so I left my info and resume and he has never called me back since. He repeatedly got me mixed up with people while talking on the phone several times as well. I am a fan of Lifeway and what they stand for, but I definitely did not have a positive interview experience at my local one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think youre going to Heaven?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview

Very professional interview. Interviewed by two people. Fairly simple questions, yet made you have to think about a well put-together answer. Very friendly staff and management. Heard back from management fairly quickly, within the month. However, was not told pay rate. Went in, figured out it was minimum wage, and wasn't too happy about it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources.

Interview

Application is online only. I got a call the next day to come in for an interview later that week. Questions included briefly talking about my faith, previous experience, about me, and other general questions. I was also asked to alphabetize a stack of books and solve a few simple math problems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a phone call the day after the interview offering the job. It paid minimum wage. There was no negotiation. Only higher positions or workers there more than a year make more money. The only full time workers are the manager and assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Very easy, typical for a part-time retail position. Send in your resume, and they will call you in for one interview that lasts maybe half and hour. They offered me the job later that week. The questions are very bland, very easy. At entry-level, they don't really care about experience, resume, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you've experienced conflict in a past position, and how did you resolve it?

What are 3 of your weaknesses?

What motivates you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LifeWay Christian Resources (Hagerstown, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online, I called a week later to make sure they got my application. They called me back for an interview. After the interview they emailed me with an offer. I emailed back letting them know that I accept and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work here? Are you ok with praying with a customer? And asked about our faith.   Answer Question