Lifescience Dynamics Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lifescience Dynamics Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Lifescience Dynamics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

Multiple stages. Initial screening via email and over the phone (1:1). Then this was followed by an online aptitude (intelligence, essay, PowerPoint) and a fit/intelligence test interview over the phone. Last stage involves a fit interview and a case study presentation, prepared over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the current state of the pharma industry in the US and the EU?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lifescience Dynamics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview about 6 weeks after online application. I thought this was going to be standard screening phone interview as with many other life science consulting firms. However, I was hardly asked any fit questions. The interviewer called me late, did not apologize, seemed bored, and was rude. The tone was very condescending with phrases like "well, if you don't know this you should" after every 3-4 sentences when he didn't even ask me whether I actually knew something or not, saying "well, we do... and if you don't know that you should... we have.. if you don't know that, you should." I was also asked a lot of weird questions on stuff that only a person with at least a year's worth of consulting experience would know. The questions were so specific that I can't even remember them to given an example. The interviewer also seemed unhappy there. When I asked what's your experience been at Lifescience Dynamics, I was told that he gets to travel a lot and "at least that is one good part." After that, I had no interest in moving forward with the company which luckily was a mutual feeling.

Interview Questions

• Why Lifesciences Dynamics?
      Have you ever worked in a lab - a funny questions to ask someone with a PhD in hardcore biomedical science.
      Despite knowing that I had a PhD in basic science, I was asked have you ever organized (some verb along that line) clinical trials? No, I have not!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA).

Interview

1st round: Supplementary questionnaire asking about your goals, motivation, and understanding of the role.

2nd round: 45 minute online math assessment, essentially testing your ability to do basic algebra. 30 minute writing assessment where you get to choose from a few prompts related to the current trends in the pharmaceutical industry. Also a 15 minute "PowerPoint" assessment testing your ability to find and quickly fix minor errors in formatting and language.

3rd round: Standard 60 minute phone interview asking fit and behavioral questions, and what you know about the firm

4th round: 60 minute "case interview," but it consisted mostly of simple brain teasers and some trick questions. Not at all a case interview in the traditional sense

5th round: Some kind of in-person presentation in NYC, which I declined. I was offered $75 towards travel, which would have covered less than half

I am rating this as "Difficult," not because it was challenging, but because it was tedious

Interview Questions

• If you are in a race, and you pass the person in 2nd, what place are you in?

If you give your friend half of your money from your wallet, and he spends $5, and has $10 leftover, how much did you have to begin with?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straight forward, some competency questions mix with a fit interview. More like a well structured conversation with no tricks. This was round 1. Round 2 was more based as a case interview with a mix of numerical competence questions which were not too difficult

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with a BA, after contacting the director of the company. While we had a good conversation about his experience the company, he did not sell the position or work at all and I certainly was not interested in working for LSD after the interview. After saying they would get back to me in two days, I did not hear from them for four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions, explained about the company. Tell me about the life cycle of a drug from creation to market?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

5 Stage Process, no verbal contact other than email till stage 3.

I was very disappointed with the interview process at Lifescience Dynamics.

After applying online, I was fortunate to receive an email saying they would like for me to complete an application form, followed by 3 online skills tests, a numerical, writing task and PowerPoint task. These were simple to complete and feedback was received the day after the tests which was appreciated saying I had scored highly on all tests.

The next stage was a telephone interview, which asked about my CV and why my PhD had taken the amount of time it had taken. I answered this clearly and was left leaving the conversation in a promising state.

Today, I received an email stating I would not be progressing to the next stage of the interview.
    This was the feedback provided.

"She had some very positive feedback such as your knowledge of our practice areas and the company, and enjoyed speaking with you, but unfortunately you scored below our benchmark.
    This was due to your working to deadline ability, shown by competing your PhD in 6 years. We will therefore not be proceeding with your application."

My inability to stick to a deadline.... Unfortunately I do not think the recruitment team understand how long a PhD can take, with the official time for a full time PhD can be up to 6 years. I find this absurd as my deadlines were all met for my PhD hence receiving my doctorate.

This was clearly on my CV to start with, and was overlooked by their initial screening team. They not only wasted my time but their own. Safe to say that I am happy that my application has not been progressed with a company who job it is to work in research and critical detail, yet can't screen a CV properly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone asked you to do something out of your comfort zone/knowledge at work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation where you've had to work to a specific deadline because someone was relying on your work/output?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a situation where you have resolved an issue in not being able to work to a deadline and what did you do about it to resolve the problem?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics in May 2019.

Interview

You begin with sending in your application, after which you receive short information sheet that you must fill out. This is followed by 3 online tests that test writing, numeracy, and powerpoint skills. Following this, a phone screen and a case studies interview. Finally, you give a presentation on a topic given a week in advance. Overall, the entire process was a pleasant experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics in June 2019.

Interview

Very long and strenuous process. First fill out a form, second complete online competency tests, third 30 minute phone interview, fourth 60 minute case study, fifth 30 minute interview with managers (more than one interview).

Interview Questions

• Tell about a recent pharma or biotech discovery or news you are excited about?   Answer Question