Lifespan ? Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.5

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in November 2015.

Interview

They called me about a full time job. Then the job that they actually had was part-time. I felt like I was going to be a victim of bait-and-switch but the recruiter assured me that the original job had been filled in house. I know they are obligated to consider internal candidates first.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing in the past that was difficult for you at work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lifespan

Environmental Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifespan (Newport, RI).

Interview

I met with the primary supervisor of the department. Discussed the details of the job and the hours. Had a short conversation about myself personally and capabilities of being able to do the job. Was hired at the end of the interview pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle confrontation with another employee.   1 Answer

Lifespan Summer Youth Employment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a group setting where the 4 or 5 of us would be asked to answer various questions related to the job. I was relaxed and tried to give as much detail as possible to make my stories interesting.

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied in October and didn't get a call back until late December. I interviewed on New Year's Eve, again three weeks later. HR took a long time to get back to me to confirm I'd gotten then job - maybe mid-February - so I finally started at the beginning of March. 5 months is a long time to interview, and I've heard it's resulted in their losing candidates along the way. The interview itself went well - very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep in touch with many of your friends from high school and college?   1 Answer

Development Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I applied in October and didn't get a call back until December. I interviewed on New Year's Eve, and completed the second round about 3 weeks later. I didn't get any confirmation from HR until maybe mid-February so I couldn't start until early March. I've heard they often lose many candidates during this process. However, the interviews themselves went smoothly - very nice people.

Interview Questions

• Do you keep in touch with friends from high school and college?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in June 2013.

Interview

The length of the interview was average. I was asked about why I wanted to intern here and professional goals. I showed interest in interning and related the opportunity to my professional, academic and personal goals.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in May 2013.

Interview

HR is slower than molasses.

Negotiation

Very difficult to get them to budge. It took 3 month to come to terms on a 5k difference

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online, multiple times, for multiple research positions. Finally, after 1 months was called to interview with HR. They asked the usual questions. Once we completed the HR interview then I was brought to the department. I then had a second, on site, interview with the department manager, and shortly after we finished, I interviewed with the department staff. I was called for a second interview to meet more staff. Within 2 hours they called me to offer me the position. I accepted and have been there since.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to go to ____college?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lifespan (Providence, RI) in May 2012.

Interview

First a few calls from HR, then a meeting with HR and finally an interview with a number of the people I'd work with in the department. The HR person asked very different questions than the department and it turned out later the HR person asked pretty useless ones. To get past the HR portion you need to study up on Lifespan itself and appear very excited to work for Lifespan in particular. Once you make it past HR the real interview starts.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lifespan (Newport, RI) in January 2012.

Interview

I received a call from HR and set up a time to interview with the manager. I went through the process it went well. There was a process of steps that you had to go through, but it all balanced out.

Interview Questions

• what made me choose Newport Hospital   1 Answer