Lifestart Fitness Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lifestart Fitness Center

Fitness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

It's all politics. They only hire the people they like. You can be with them for 2 years as a group fitness instructor, and you can have excellent standing. They can send you all kinds of "praise" emails when you do these "floater assignments" and they butter you up and tell you how great you are, but if you apply to be a Fitness Director, and they decide you're not right for them, what does that tell you? This was the begging to the end for me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent an email to the internship coordinator and the next step was a lengthy application. Very long with questions that required extensive answers. The next step was a phone interview and I was brought on.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, two interviews through skype were very casual. I talked about my interest in the industry and the CEO reviewed the job with me and what it would entail. Described the type of person he was looking for to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Experience as personal trainer, experience as dietitian   Answer Question

Fitness Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Asked basic questions about experience, but mostly used it as a time to get to know you and personality better. Interviewed first with Director and then was interviewed by Manager at the site. Overall it took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength with regards to the health and fitness industry?   Answer Question

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Claysburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Claysburg, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Not much of an interview process at this location; I met with the health and wellness manager and spoke to him about my qualifications and why I wanted to intern at this site. This site had never had an intern, so they were not experienced with selecting one. I believe that I was the only one applying for the position so they just wanted to speak with me and see if I would be a good fit at their facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate the hourly rate as it is what all student interns are paid. Since it is an internship, I was pleased to receive any compensation.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was asked job history and experience, went over the position requirements and expectations, small set of questions to test my exercise knowledge. Met in person with the Director and the again with the General Manager of the facility that I was applying for. Toured the space.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lifestart Fitness Center (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

One on One Interview with General Manager. Took about 30 min

Interview Questions

• Have you been a member at any other fitness centers? What have been your experiences at other fitness centers?   Answer Question