Lightspeed Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lightspeed Research Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

Market Research Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Lightspeed GMI provided a very comfortable environment throughout the interview process. Both the phone and in-person interviews were conducted in a professional manner that was highly informative and honest in regards to the specifics of the position. Responses are given very quickly and communication is clear and efficient. The staff is warm and welcoming and quick to answer any questions that arise.

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Marlborough, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview which was more of a screening and then 1 interview in person. The questions are not difficult at all and it lasted about an hour. I met with 3 different employees during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone on your team wasn't doing their fair share of the work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research.

Interview

Before any of the interviews, had to go through HR for a simple phone screening. Was later asked to send over a skills comparison document of how my current skills fit the role's responsibilities. Then the following happened:

1. Phone interview with manager
    2. Skype interview with manager
    3. Phone interview with manager's supervisor
    4. Received the offer

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Mira Loma, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Screening interview with HR....Once they learned I didn't have any Quantum experience, it was pretty much over. I hoped to be talking to a Hiring manager, but I never got the chance.

Took two weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Quantum   1 Answer

Client Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Friendly people; great culture. The interview was laidback and conversational. Once I got into the interview, my group of interviewers made me feel at ease. The only complaint I had was that the process was slow; it took a while to get from one step to the next.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you perform your WORST under?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Mercer Island, WA).

Interview

I'm actually not sure how I had applied for the job. I may have sent in a resume through a jobs website from my college, or a recruiter might have seen my resume posted on another job board. Regardless, I was contacted first via email to set up a telephone interview, which was conducted with the company's in-house recruiter. After a short (15-30 minute) phone interview, they asked me to come in for an in-person, which was conducted with the hiring manager and his manager. They asked me a few questions to gauge my technical proficiencies and troubleshooting skills, as well as the typical "where do you see yourself in five years" sorts of questions. Their portion of the interview went well, and lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Afterwards they introduced me to the CEO of the company (who at the time insisted on interviewing every new hire in his company despite having approximately 5-8 new hires per month and around 250 employees) and the two of us had a very odd conversation; the first question he asked me was "where are you from" referring to my surname, which I found odd because I am a white male with a european name. The second question he asked was about my salary expectations, and I believe the third was a generic question about why I had applied for the position. I was essentially chewed out for having "ludicrous" salary expectations and left the interview thinking there was no way I was going to get hired by this pompous, self-righteous man. I was surprised the next day when I was offered the position.

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college. I got asked how much I was expecting when I interviewed with the CEO before they extended me an offer. I asked for what I considered a fair salary (50k; which might be a bit on the high side for an internal helpdesk type job, but not completely ludicrous). I was basically told that I should have a perfect 4.0 GPA in college and be a national merit scholar to be taken seriously with those salary expectations (I didn't, but I had a 1400 SAT score and a B average from a top-50 national university, so I wasn't exactly a slouch). When the offer did come, it was for 32.5k and I was told I could either accept the job at that salary or decline the position. I accepted.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research.

Interview

Involved several remote interviews. First interview was with the company recruiter who asked soft-skill questions. Later interviews involved knowledge based development questions and an easy programming problem. Every part of the process was enjoyable and the whole team was friendly and easy to talk to. The company seems very relaxed and un-bureaucratic. Everybody seemed very knowledgeable and seemed to like the company and their jobs.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult or unexpected. Be able to discuss all bullet points on the job posting and be able to explain in detail all of your resume points. The focus is on practical programming questions rather than CS fundamentals.   Answer Question

There was nothing wrong with the team, company, or the salary I was offered, and I was happy to receive an offer from them. After negotiation, the offer was very similar to a competing offer I had, but once I factored in other aspects I decided I needed to go with the other one.

Global Respondent Acquisition Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume through Indeed and heard back from GMI about a week later. They were looking to fill the position quickly and the interview process moved very fast. I spoke with a recruiter in the morning and then spoke with the director that evening over the phone. We scheduled an in-person interview the next day.

At the interview I met with several different people from the company, all were pleasant and engaging to talk to. I felt that they gave me very honest answers to questions about the work environment and what life would be like were I to take the position. Following the interview a call was scheduled with a senior level director in Sydney. I spoke briefly with him about a number of different topics including my past work experience, my career goals, and why I had made different decisions about school and work.

The interview process was quick and efficient and I received and offer promptly.

Interview Questions

• There were very few technical questions, most of the requirements revolved around being able to manipulate data in Excel and spot patters and trends. My previous experience working with SEM and PPC marketing was a plus.   Answer Question

I had several offers from other companies and chose to go with a different employer.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Bellevue, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was a little unusual in its ordering: my questions first, questions on my background, then situational. (Normally it's the opposite.) The situational questions were all straightforward, hinting at their needs. The last half hour was spent on an open-ended problem of how to generate panelists. Though it was fun, they jumped around a lot. I missed one of the transitions, thinking we were still discussing the business side when they were more interested in the development implementation.

I really liked the hiring manager. Didn't get a strong read on the other two as they were mostly quiet throughout. So, despite not going to the next step, it was still a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Management is concerned that we're spending $2 per lead from affiliates (for 5 leads/month) and $1 per lead directly (we produce 1 lead/month). What are you going to do about it.   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lightspeed Research (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very quick follow up from a contract recruitment specialist - asked standard questions. After the call, I was to wait for a follow up. It never came, I called back a bunch of times, but thankfully at the very least they were quick and courteous about denying me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve an issue with a client, and turn it from a negative to a positive   1 Answer