Lincoln Electric Electrical Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Euclid, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Lincoln Electric is switching from MicroStation to AutoCAD and was looking for someone with experience in AutoCAD Electrical to help them institute new drawing standards and help establish footprint libraries. I have previous experience doing exactly what they are looking for and I was able to get an interview with the help of a recruiter. I first spoke to an electrical supervisor about my knowledge and experience with everything AutoCAD Electrical and he was very impressed with me. I also interviewed with two other employees who are working on instituting AutoCAD and I was a total hit with them as well. All in all, the interview went fantastic, and an hour-and-a-half later the recruiter called me and told me they wanted to hire me. But, I unfortunately have a felony record completely unrelated to the job and which in no way hinders my ability to do the job, and this did not sit well with Lincoln Electric. After yanking my chain for over a week they finally withdrew their offer. This was, of course, expected since, in spite of what recruiter after recruit has told me, people with AutoCAD Electrical experience are not in short supply and/or difficult to come by, because if this were true then companies wouldn't arbitrarily throw away valuable talent. They were, after all, ready to hire me until they found out this one indiscretion. It is a consistent trend in the industrial engineering industry to love a candidate until the background check comes back and then throw them away completely for some moral elitism that assigns a label as their entire identity and completely ignores the actual encounter the company has with the individual and leaves an apparently desperately-needed slot empty. But, after reading many, many, many less-than-stellar reviews here on Glassdoor about how terrible Lincoln Electric is to its employees, such short-sighted decisions should not be a surprise.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience level with AutoCAD Electrical?   1 Answer