Lincoln Electric Engineering Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lincoln Electric

2.5

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized, and consisted of two initial phone screenings followed by a 2-day on site interview at their headquarters in Cleveland, OH. The people were extremely nice and forthcoming about the job, the city, and corporate culture. They run the company a bit differently, from their Guaranteed Employment policy to their incentive-based salary. There was a book written about the company in 2010 called Spark, which I recommend to anyone interested in working for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations possible.

Other Interview Reviews for Lincoln Electric

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Cleveland, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

The Cleveland interview experience was a valuable experience. The company was very hospitable and made sure that we were comfortable. Lincoln displayed a real picture of what the company was all about and didn't seem to hide anything. The people seemed to enjoy what they did, but some were a little snooty. The benefits were less than outstanding, but still, this wouldn't be a bad company to work for.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't a Mechanical Engineer, what would you have been?   Answer Question

Benefits were mediocre, at best. Salary offered wasn't competitive with other companies I interviewed with. Told them I would be willing to negotiate, but had no response.