Lincoln Electric Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln Electric Technical Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Lincoln Electric

2.2

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview

First round interview, then online aptitude test, then flew to Cleveland for final round. Had round robin style interviews with senior sales management, really relaxed and conversational. Tour of the city, tour of their headquarters facility, nice dinner and lunch with current Trainees. Seems like everyone has fun and likes what they do. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the other interviewees in your group if there was only one spot   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lincoln Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an interview through university campus recruiting, but I was referred by an employee. I was required to attend an information session the day before the interviews which was very informational. The presenter was very friendly and easy to talk to and was the same person that ended up interviewing all the candidates.
    As I understand, the first interview is followed by an online aptitude test. Then, if I make it past the first round, I will be flown out to the headquarters, in Cleveland, Ohio.

As far as the first interview went, the questions were very straightforward and scripted. Questions included, "Are you someone that people look for to complete tasks or decisions."

Interview Questions

• The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.   1 Answer

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric.

Interview

Received an interview by talking to the company at the engineering career fair at our school. Was able to schedule an interview, in which it was a 30 minute behavioral questions type interview. The day before the interview, there was an informational session about the company, where questions were answered. The interview was standard.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview

I scheduled my first interview from a career fair. The first interview consisted of an hour informational and a 30 minute interview. The interview was very conversational. After being recommended for a second round, an online logic test was required. The final round consisted of a trip to Lincoln's headquarters. The first day was filled with information about the company, tours of the facilities, and a tour of Cleveland. The second day was filled with multiple 1 on 1 interviews. The interviews were conversational as went smoothly as well. The company seemed very loyal to it's employees and the employees seemed to really enjoy coming to work every day.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lincoln Electric in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were 7 one on one interviews with many of the head sales employees including the vice president of sales in North America. The people seemed very easygoing and friendly. Everyone there seemed to enjoy what they were doing for a living.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you let yourself or someone else down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiating. They extended the offer, if you refused or tried to negotiate it was on to the next one for them.