Linden Lab Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Linden Lab (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I found the position posted on CraigsList and responded. HR from Linden Lab quickly contacted me and did a brief phone interview. Then a Linden Lab engineer followed up with another phone screen. Then one final phone interview before they decided to bring me in for an in-site interview. During the on-site interview I meet one on one with five engineers from different levels. Finally I got to chat with the CEO for 15 minutes which was not previously planned. The interview seems to concentrate testing a person's general grasp of math and computer science, and general intelligence level, rather than testing memory of specific programming language features. At the conclusion of the interview it seems pretty much they decided they like me a lot. The HR promised to come back to me the next day, which they did. The entire job application process was quick and took less than three weeks from begin to finish.

Interview Questions

• I was tested on basic trigonometry knowledge which I never prepared for. But since I am solid on math that was not an issue for me. Another difficult question was that I was presented with two teams with identical settings of a competition and both teams are very smart people and I was to help team A to win over team B. Initially I was puzzled as how could one team win over the other if they have everything exactly the same. Comes out the question is to adopt a strategy that gives a team the best chance to win, but not necessarily win it. Once that is clarified the answer is easier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They understand that I had another interview opportunity and want to make sure I get an offer I am happy with. And I am happy with the offer. I was especially impressed with how the CEO pitched what the company is trying to do, at the end of the interview process. I think that is a part of the reasons I accepted the offer.