Linear Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Linear Corporation Interview Questions

2.8

Applications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linear Corporation (Carlsbad, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

4 groups of 2-3 people per department. Last about 3 hours while you get interviewed by people you will be working with. Lots of skills required of logging test you have completed. Asked a lot about experience and trying to figure how much you know. They ask a lot of questions to find your strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions

• asked about electronics, past experiences, tested me on electronics and reading schematics.   1 Answer

Interview

good interview process, mainly technology questions, read about company and products before you get in the office.

main decision maker is the Manager the rest of the interviews are only a formality.

make a good resume they will read it

Interview Questions

• Specific plastic part design, relatively easy but very detailed and specific, not too complicated but you do need to know your stuff before you get there   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its OK a little make shift, they do pay, they cant find good employees room to negotiate a higher salary it will not be a dealbreaker

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Corporation.

Interview

One-on-one Interview with the Director of Engineering, who would be the supervisor for the position. The interview included in-depth discussion of my qualifications, technical skill-set and experience, and details on several projects. Moving to company product literature, was able to discuss some technical design details and provide some indication of good alignment with the job requirements. After the interview proper, was introduced to several members and have some one-on-one interaction with them. Overall comfortable, small-company setting.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward interview - no unexpected questions :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer letter, followed by discussion and offer revision - all within a professional context.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casnovia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Corporation (Casnovia, MI).

Interview

The tech support manager was previously a sales person in another industry. The interview was simple. He based his assessment on my resume and qualifications. The position was not to be filled for another six to eight weeks. During my follow up i was extended the offer. IT wasn't negotiable and I was lead to believe with a good performance monetary increases would follow. Linear maintains a cap on salaries in this position now matter how hard you work or how high you perform.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted less than what I asked for but was lucky to have found a position in the economy of 2009 in Michigan.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Corporation (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Just your standard interview. The HR director took a long time to get back to me but otherwise everything went very well. I wasn't caught off guard by any of the questions and they didn't seem like they were trying to trap me. Also they didn't seem like they facebook stalked me, which is always a plus.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well I was accepted as an intern so there was not much negotiation

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Linear Corporation (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview with HR then the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions about technical aspects of the job and whether I was familiar with it.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Corporation in April 2009.

Interview

Waited two weeks to be contacted after sending a resume. Talked to a manager and got back to me in a week and rejected me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer