Linear Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Linear Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.7

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

Lead engineer emailed me and scheduled a phone call. During the phone call, it started with few basic questions about my background and asked me few questions about dc/dc converters. It wasn't anything hard. It was short and straightforward phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between voltage control and current control   Answer Question

Process Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linear Technology.

Interview

First round "feeler" interview with section manager over the phone. Technical with relevance to your resume but primary focused on your experiences. Second round series interview on location (Camas, WA), five 45min interviews. Each interviewer is a different section manager or senior engineer. Questions are very technical on device physics, CMOS process, solid state physics, failure analysis, and situational process engineering. Some questions are posed in a way that there is no known answer, they want to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• Very technical on CMOS, device physics, thin film chemistry, equipment, and solid state physics   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology in September 2015.

Interview

Two separate technical phone calls followed by an onsite visit. All technical and very thought-provoking. There are not much advice to give, aside from understanding al about semiconductor devices to a very fundamental level. I was extremely impressed by the quality of the employees there. They are the best, and brightest that you can ask for in term of individuals.

Interview Questions

• All technical semiconductor devices questions. I will not say what questions due to privacy, but be prepared! It's good to take a few weeks to really nail out the knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get the contact from the hiring manage after two days. The phone interview is very technical, and detailed. The technical questions go through every detail of BJT device physics, and process. The interviewer is nice and smart but somehow push, who even try to give me an equation and plot through the phone. It is a stressful interview experience.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job online. First I had a phone interview for 15 mins and then I was been invited for an onsite interview for an hour. After the first round of onsite interview I was again invited for the second onsite interview, which took place for whole day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got a phone interview for this position. The letter mentions it will be all technical problems, including BJT, pn junction, and CMOS. The hiring manager asked very detail on each device, so you must be very familiar with them. The manager will give you some hints if you cannot answer. It takes more than forty minutes on the phone.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

on campus interview, 45min, face to face, 35 min of question and then you can ask questions about LTC. Questions from transistor fundamental to circuit analysis. A manager is interviewing me, he is very nice and will give you hint if you cannot answer the question.

Interview Questions

• transistor level question. start from I-V curve of mos and bjt, basic layout of mos and bjt. gain of a transistor. then draw a circuit and analyse it with VDD shift and Vin shift. Define transistors region of operation. Require deep understanding of circuit and analyze it quickly and right.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Linear Technology in February 2014.

Interview

One of its director contacted me through email. Then we had a phone talk about some general but philosophy questions about analog circuit design. One week's later, I had a phone interview with one of his senior engineers about several technical questions.

Interview Questions

• A circuit like current mirror but quite strange. Because instead of copying current from a diode connected transistor to current source, the circuit intends to copy the current back.   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was extremely professional from start to finish. Initial contact was made at a career fair and an offer to come to their facility for an interview was extended at that time. The interview lasted about 4 hours, with a one hour overview of the company/position and a tour of the facility, followed by about 2 1/2 hours of one-on-one interviews with two supervisors, and then a 1/2 hour recap.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical-based to determine the level of understanding of basic analog circuit design.   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology in December 2013.

Interview

Email first to make appointment for interview, then telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• What's body effect of MOSFET?   1 Answer