Linear Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

One conference-call phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The conference call was a little weird, because it was difficult to keep track of which voice belonged to which interview.

Interview Questions

• There was an in-depth, multi-interviewer, three-hour on-site technical interview   Answer Question

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, get the contact from the hiring manage after two days. The phone interview is very technical, and detailed. The technical questions go through every detail of BJT device physics, and process. The interviewer is nice and smart but somehow push, who even try to give me an equation and plot through the phone. It is a stressful interview experience.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job online. First I had a phone interview for 15 mins and then I was been invited for an onsite interview for an hour. After the first round of onsite interview I was again invited for the second onsite interview, which took place for whole day.

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got a phone interview for this position. The letter mentions it will be all technical problems, including BJT, pn junction, and CMOS. The hiring manager asked very detail on each device, so you must be very familiar with them. The manager will give you some hints if you cannot answer. It takes more than forty minutes on the phone.

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

On site screen followed by full day interview. Several engineers and managers interviewed one on one and everyone approached with great professionalism. Questions start with basic fundamentals and builds towards higher difficulty. All engineers had great academic background and great understanding and appreciation of analog. Interview is a good learning experience

Spec Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week. I initially had a 30 minute phone call with recruiter then asked to email a few writing samples. After a week, I was invited for an on-site interview with the VP/hiring manager which lasted 2 hours then the following week had another interview with the department's supervisor which lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• straightforward/typical interview questions, no surprises   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Several phone calls including technical and non-technical interviews. Need to solve some paper-based questions. No HR interview. The last one is on-site full-day technical interview. The offer was given on the same day of the on-site interview,

Interview Questions

• All kinds of questions related to transistor level, system level, device physics, and lab tool usage.   Answer Question

Senior Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

very intense, deeply technical, needs to know about fabrication, and device physics; interviewed by different age group of co-workers which discuss amongst the others. Fab experience, device physics, testing & reliability experience is a must for senior level candidates.

Interview Questions

• what is your typical work hours and how do you work with others   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

If you want to be a design engineer at Linear, besides knowing circuit fundamentals (R's, C's, L's) you really have to know your transistors. Current mirrors, current sources, diff pairs, cascoding, matching, op-amps, etc. You should also know control systems, noise gain, miller effect, etc. Last but not least, a knowledge of device structure, physics, and non-idealities is necessary. Some companies pride themselves in being able to train monkeys to be design engineers, but Linear only accepts the very best.

Interview Questions

• For an op-amp with 1kOhm output impedance and 1MHz GBP (1st order gain rolloff), operated as a follower and driving a capacitive load, what value of capacitance will bring the phase margin to 45 degrees?   2 Answers

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linear Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Several phone interviews with fairly practical questions, they gave me time to investigate and call back. This was followed by a short interview at satellite design center close to where I was attending grad school, then an 8 hour interview at headquarters. This was the most challenging interview of any company I applied for.

Interview Questions

• A 90MHz op-amp configured in a gain of -1 is oscillating. How do you start debugging it?   1 Answer