Linens 'n Things Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Group Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

It was a quick swift interview lasted no longer then 5 minutes I started working that day.
    Never in my life have I felt so welcome as an associate, 03/05/2003 to 02/16/2010 started from the bottom and landed on the moon.

Interview Questions

• what can you do about these clearance items   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied originally as a part time associate and through the years (6) I eventually became a manager. Each promotion required an additional interview but each time I was already being considered for the next higher position and knew what the position entailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was being promoted from within so they knew what I made and what they were going to offer. it was take it or leave it.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

hiring for a brand new store, 1 interview

Negotiation

I don't remember

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

I applied at a job fair. The sales manager looked over my resume, and asked a few basic questions and hired me to stock the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None basic hourly wage

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things in March 2011.

Interview

This was before the store opened, and they were hiring first employees. The interview was casual and took place in a trailer out in front of the building (as the store had yet to be completed). Very simple and straightforward and basic questions. Some propensity testing - common to jobs in the retail world.

Interview Questions

• You're overqualified for this position. Why do you want to take it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things (Eatontown, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview was professional enough as I went though the DM then through HR contact. Hours worked were very varied...told you would work 50 but turned into 80 realistically. Interview was professional enough, asked how you would help drive business and manage people.

Interview Questions

• If I could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linens 'n Things in November 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a job where I was over qualified. The company wanted me to work a 55 hour work week and pay me less than what I recevie on unemployment. I was not upset about not receving an offer.