Linfield College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Linfield College

Work Study Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linfield College in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was average. I sent my resume through cat connect and I was contacted through that and set an interview up. There as I arrived I was sent to the office. The supervisor had my resume printed out. Mostly asked basic questions (what's your major, where you're from, why you chose to go to school here) and talked about my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. First there was a phone interview consisting of 8 questions and only lasted about 45min. The next day I was invited to come to campus for a formal interview. The interview process was a little different. I had to submit a paper outlining my advising philosophy and prepare a presentation. The interview itself was pretty standard, but the preparation required was rigorous.

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR).

Interview

Preliminary interview by phone. Face to face interview with multiple people. Also interviewed 1:1 by Director. Additional interview by someone in the IT department. Tour of campus, tour of office. The interview process took about three hours altogether. I was impressed with the organization and the interest of the office staff in the hiring process.

Negotiation

I was brought in with full vacation benefits and above average in the salary range offered for my position.

Phonathon Caller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linfield College in February 2014.

Interview

She asked me how I had heard about the position and why I would be interested in raising money for the school. After, we did a practice phone call and the interviewer gave me the script and walked out of the room. After that there were a few wrap up questions and it was over. Probably wasnt more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset phone call?   1 Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Comfortable, Relaxed, Informative about the position and requirements for involvement. Behavioral questions were included along with questions to get to know the interviewee. Dress was business casual. Interviewer wants to know the applicant would be supportive of students, enjoys involvement in their community, and would be a positive student advocate.

Phonathon Caller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Linfield College in September 2010.

Interview

You meet with the head of alumni relations and the head of the call center. They ask you why you want to work in the call center. Why you would be a good fit there. Also they ask what are your biggest strengths and your biggest weaknesses. They do a review every semester of your job performance, which is like interviewing you for job continuation. The key is to be up beat positive and speak clearly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to make cold calls?   1 Answer