Linfield College Interview Questions in McMinnville, OR | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Director of Academic Advising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

This was a Skype pre-interview that lasted 30 minutes. Pretty standard interview questions about leadership style, "Tell me about a time" type of generalized questions. It was the Director herself doing the interview, it felt a bit awkward like she was going through the motions and checking off the boxes. At the conclusion of the interview she let me know that she would contact me by the following week. That was over two weeks ago. I certainly understand that she must be busy, but it is bad form to ghost an applicant who has given to their time. Even a cliche rejection letter is preferable. Makes me feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. First there was a phone interview consisting of 8 questions and only lasted about 45min. The next day I was invited to come to campus for a formal interview. The interview process was a little different. I had to submit a paper outlining my advising philosophy and prepare a presentation. The interview itself was pretty standard, but the preparation required was rigorous.

Interview Questions

Middle Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR).

Interview

Preliminary interview by phone. Face to face interview with multiple people. Also interviewed 1:1 by Director. Additional interview by someone in the IT department. Tour of campus, tour of office. The interview process took about three hours altogether. I was impressed with the organization and the interest of the office staff in the hiring process.

Negotiation

I was brought in with full vacation benefits and above average in the salary range offered for my position.