Cover image for LinkedIn

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

LinkedIn Associate Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 2.5K interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

LinkedIn

Application

I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

The process took from Sept 2022 - Nov 2022. 1. I got a referral and applied online for the position. 2. The recruiter reached out and scheduled an initial screening call. 3. About ~1 week later I got word I passed and was assigned a take-home assignment and was schedule for a technical screen with a PM. 4. The day after my technical screen, I heard back that I was moving onto the final on-site round with four interviwers. 5. ~4 weeks after finishing my interviews, I got word that I had received the offer.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you unique for the LinkedIn APM program.
    Answer Question

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

4 rounds of interviews: A recruiter call, take-home assignment, product interview, and final round. Each round of interviews assesses a specific set of skills (behavioral, product, communication, cultural fit, strategy, etc)

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about LinkedIn

Join the conversation on

Tech

635K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=LinkedIn~34865
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about LinkedIn? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with LinkedIn employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Recruiter screening, one pm interview, one on-site. Seemed really disorganized process was 5 months still haven’t heard back if got the role. The recruiters are really nice however it’s super frustrating when they keep pushing back when you’ll hear back about the role. Especially for a company who says they are dedicated to helping job seekers find roles.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview process started off smoothly, and then when it was time for the product design and execution rounds, it got a bit disorganized. My interviewer completely forgot about our scheduled interview and claimed to be sick - so I waited on the call for 45 ish minutes. Then I had to reschedule a makeup interview and it was conducted from his house - it ended up being a random/general interview. It threw me off.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2018

Interview

I really enjoyed LinkedIn’s interview process. A PM reached out to me via LinkedIn about a position (because I had the “looking for a new role” toggle switched on). We had a very quick conversation before she moved me on to the actual interviews. The onsite consisted of three 30 min. interviews. Each interviewer focused on a different topic (Leadership, Creativity, and Project Management). I really appreciated that because it gives you the opportunity to dive into different topics and show your strengths without being repetitive. All the interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. I didn’t get an offer, but the process was so smooth that it was still a very positive experience. They were very transparent and communicative throughout the entire process (no sugar coating or ignoring).

Interview Questions
  • What is something that is not on your resume that you'd like me to know?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

2 calls, 1 fly-out interview. I did full day of interviews and after waiting for 5 FULL WEEKS they turned me down. The interview was actually pretty decent, but it was more than slightly disrespectful to have someone waiting for 5 weeks to say no. The recruiter was super nice, and he is the only saving grace as to why I didn't do a full thumbs down on this whole process, especially since future graduates are on edge with trying to pay back loans by securing a job. It it was a job transfer, the time length would have been less of an issue.

Interview Questions
  • On Site: They asked about my start-up I implemented, previous background, what is my favorite product and why, and a question about why I feel like a particular design for a product was good/bad
  • Phone Interview: What is one new feature at LinkedIn that you would like to see implemented?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2015

Interview

A current PM referred me to the APM internship. I just had to submit my resume and within a couple days I got an email from their APM recruiter. We set up a phone call for within the week. She asked me about my background, any relevant experience, and a few APM-type thought questions. I heard back within the week that I didn't have the requisite product experience (completely valid). Very expedient process, nice people.

Interview Questions
  • What is a product you especially like? Why? How would you improve it?
4 people found this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in Oct 2014

Interview

I interviewed for Associate Product Manager. The interview process was not at all organized. Two phone interviews were scheduled and both the times the interviewers did not show up and they forgot to inform me about that. Finally, when the interview happened, the interviewer took no interest in the interview and I knew it's not moving forward. I had prepared estimation and behavioral questions but he didnt even get there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

LinkedIn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn

Interview

One HR interivew, if you make it through following that two PM interviews, if you make it through following that another full day interview at office with 4 in person interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What is something you will change about linkedIn. Why do you want to work at LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in May 2013

Interview

3 phone calls (1 HR, 2 Product Managers) + Flight to Mountain View for a day of interviews with 5 other Product Managers. The HR team was extremely friendly but during my time on campus, I could tell they were exhausted and not happy. Some of the PMs were very awesome and were quite brilliant, but one team in particular were quite negative and gave me a total bad experience. One of the PMs was also quite unprofessional (she was junior) and honestly felt like leaving the office after some of her questions were insulting.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard Product based questions all revolving around case studies. Focus on the power of the graph (connections) and you should be fine
4 people found this interview helpful