LinkedIn Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LinkedIn Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at LinkedIn

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Recruiter screening, then over-the-phone technical interview. It was impossible to get ahold of the recruiters. I didn't even get confirmation that the phone interview was happening until the night before, despite having sent a couple emails. Then, after I was told there was good feedback and that the recruiter was waiting from the go-ahead from the hiring manager, but was ghosted. Completely unprofessional -- ironic from a company that helps people get jobs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Typical interview process. Their internal recruiter reached out, explaining the whole process and setting expectations, as well as providing useful tips and insights. Then the online tech screening followed with one of the data scientists. The interviewer had zero interest in the interview. She did ask me about current role and recent projects, but it was more for just a check mark only. The actual screening started with a fairly easy SQL question, followed by 3 additional modifications into the initial one. I provided answers somewhat different from what was expected, but absolutely correct ones. She was puzzled and didn't want to accept the answers. The interviewer didn't state objectives correctly and was annoyed when I pointed out and asked if I should rework my answers. After SQL part I was asked to do the same but with Pandas, which was a piece of cake. The screening was ended abruptly without saying formal thanks and bye! I could not understand if it was a glitch or just simply an act of disrespect... Left me speechless... Waited for a couple of weeks for the feedback. Didn't receive even a single phone call or email from the recruiter. Overall experience is negative. The interviewer, a technical person not the recruiter, was rude and unprofessional...

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

2 phone rounds, on site interview loop. Great recruiter who explained the status, provided feedback, and walked me through the next steps as well as how I should prepare for those next steps

Interview Questions

• Using a set of tables, how would we find out whether users have a certain feature on or off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn(!) regarding DS roles. I spoke to him on the phone - standard HR round, finding best fit. I was told there will be two more phone screens - one SQL coding + another case study based. If I cleared them, next step is on-site. I spoke to one of the hiring managers in the DS team for the first coding exercise. A brief mutual intro and she said she will ask one or two SQL queries depending on time. 45 minutes was set for this. She started with a SQL question regarding LI page views data - how to gather info regarding activity of crawlers (probably not the right name, but I forget what she exactly used). I started writing the code and took almost all remaining time, but I could sense she wasn't happy with my answer. Not surprisingly, I never heard back from them :)

Interview Questions

• There is a table of page view data. Two columns: Member ID and time stamp. You can assume this is for a 24 hour period. Members vs. guests/visitors are differentiable via ID's. Have to come up with a method for determining which all activities are crawler related (and not my members) and write a query for the same as well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Recruiter call , Technical (SQL , Python) phone interview , Business Phone Interview , followed by onsite interviews (hiring manager , A/B testing , Data Science & ML , SQL/Python and Prod Analytics track)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is also a data scientist at LinkedIn. I had a one hour phone conversation with my friend's manager. The interviewer was nice and polite. Asked me two technical questions, one of which statistics and the other coding using an online platform. I haven't prepared at all before hard so didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Given a random generator that produces a number 1 to 5 uniformly, write a function that produces a number from 1 to 7 uniformly or something like that.   7 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

one HR screen interview about your background, experience, following process.
    one Technical Phone Interview about SQL , case study, and programming ability.
    one onsite interview about programming ability, data analysis ability and experience sharing.

Interview Questions

• How many active members in LinkedIn right now? What is the business model at LinkedIn? Basic SQL as long as you finished most of questions in Hackerrank.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

contacted by HR and then 1 round of phone screen with coding tests on sql. cover pretty basic thing. followed by on-site interview with 7 interviewers testing different areas. the interview was pretty comprehensive and covers almost all areas related to the job.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Coding (R/Python), Product Case, Machine Learning, Stats   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The entire process is amazing. There are 4 rounds, hr, 2 phone, onsite. I like it because the expectation was set very clearly by HR and the response is clear and speedy.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from the role   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview followed by one technical phone round based on mostly SQL and R. Onsite interview for 5 hours with product managers and data scientist. Questions were mostly focused on A/B and one stats/probability round. Disappointed with the recruiter who didn't bother to give me the feedback in-spite of sending her multiple emails. The company providing recruiting platform needs to improve their recruiting process. Interview experience was good, though I am rating it as negative since I value feedback.