LinkedIn Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2018

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

3 Telephonic interviews and 4 on-site interviews. Interview questions were not very difficult. In fact, between telephonic and onsite interviews lots of repeat questions were asked, which I thought was unprofessional. The whole process took more than 3 months. Overall easy / average interview. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The consumer analytics team is basically all H1bs, with only Chinese H1bs in leadership. No vacation, long hours, and coworkers that had no understanding of product analytics to name a few of the perks that came out during the interview. I could barely understand their questions during the interview. They got angry when I asked them to repeat.

Hiring manager is arrogant, deceptive and clearly favors Chinese H1bs over non-Chinese employees. Admitted team was struggling and the sense I got is that they might go through a reorg with Microsoft purchase.

It was clear that the team lacked any understanding of the users of Linkedin. LinkedIn is struggling to grow or get users to remain on platform. They have no clue how to fix it. I sensed layoffs are a coming.

Interview Questions

• What product metrics do you construct? How to tell if your experiment is successful?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a few days after I applied online. The second round phone interview was with a hiring manager, ask me a few questions about my passed experiences. The hiring manager was really nice, we were experiencing a cutting off, so she paste the questions to me. It wasn't hard. But my skill set was not solid enough.

Interview Questions

• How many lines do you think a users' daily login table has? And a general SQL question about joining two table with some conditions.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2016.

Interview

I talked to her about my project experience, she asked details in some machine learning algorithm though she's an HR. And we also talked about some creative questions. Overall she's a nice person to talk to and I thought it was a good conversation, however, it turns out later that she didn't think so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous project   1 Answer
    • How can you help to improve sales given a LinkedIn database   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone interview followed by one technical phone round based on mostly SQL and R. Onsite interview for 5 hours with product managers and data scientist. Questions were mostly focused on A/B and one stats/probability round. Disappointed with the recruiter who didn't bother to give me the feedback in-spite of sending her multiple emails. The company providing recruiting platform needs to improve their recruiting process. Interview experience was good, though I am rating it as negative since I value feedback.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn in November 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter followed by a technical phone screen.

The recruiter was nice enough but the interviewer had an extremely heavy accent that was nearly indecipherable and seemed distracted during the interview. He also seemed to be unfamiliar with the interview question or was not well-rehearsed and I could hear obvious paper flipping and presumably note checking in the background as he asked questions

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

contacted by HR and then 1 round of phone screen with coding tests on sql. cover pretty basic thing. followed by on-site interview with 7 interviewers testing different areas. the interview was pretty comprehensive and covers almost all areas related to the job.

Interview Questions

• SQL, Coding (R/Python), Product Case, Machine Learning, Stats   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

45 Minute phone screen. Multiple one one meetings and a lunch interview in the cafeteria with at least five employees. Cafeteria was completely chaotic. Very difficult for the group to find seating together. Once seated was peppered with questions by everyone. Lunch should have been in a conference room if it was going to be part of the process. Overall not a very difficult interview, just was not well organized.

Interview Questions

• Seemed every interviewer asked a variant of an A/B test for the homepage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

one HR screen interview about your background, experience, following process.
    one Technical Phone Interview about SQL , case study, and programming ability.
    one onsite interview about programming ability, data analysis ability and experience sharing.

Interview Questions

• How many active members in LinkedIn right now? What is the business model at LinkedIn? Basic SQL as long as you finished most of questions in Hackerrank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who is also a data scientist at LinkedIn. I had a one hour phone conversation with my friend's manager. The interviewer was nice and polite. Asked me two technical questions, one of which statistics and the other coding using an online platform. I haven't prepared at all before hard so didn't do well.

Interview Questions

• Given a random generator that produces a number 1 to 5 uniformly, write a function that produces a number from 1 to 7 uniformly or something like that.   5 Answers