LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,144 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY).

Interview

In total 5 interview sessions - 2 screening interviews over the phone, 1 in-house interview with the hiring manager and Excel test, 1 interview with the stakeholders who you'll be working closely with and final interview with the Finance Director over webcam.

Very positive experience overall and the interview sessions are carried out very systematically. All the interviewers arrived at the session on time (which doesn't happen always at other places). The recruiter is very professional, friendly and does not shy away from questions. Getting to know the stakeholders before being offered the job is a plus so that you know the people you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• (Situational question) Tell me an example when your stakeholder disagree with your projections. How do you respond and what is the outcome.   Answer Question
    • If you own a company, what are the 3 slogans you want your employees to embrace?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do outside of work?   Answer Question

Senior Front-End Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

1 phone screen + on site. One of my interview was with a junior who tried to convince me that there is a native debounce function in JS and that recursion is common for its performance. Also, for whatever reason, my algorithm interview was heavily focused on recursion (touting its performance) and Math. Design question was also cultural specific and irrelevant to day-to-day application design.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round telephonic interview with 2 engineers. Was not tough. But they were nitpicking on syntax and indentation. It was also hard to understand them which led me to ask them to repeat themselves many a time. One of the engineers was quite rude. Snapped at me when i asked for clarification.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree level traversal and one question related to binary search   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR on LinkedIn. After the phone Interview, I went to sunnyvale HQ for onsite Interview and got an offer after one week. The interview has 6 sessions, including two system designs.

Technical Recruiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was great. The recruiter was responsive. It was an initial phone interview and then an onsite. Everyone on the panel was extremely friendly and informative. The culture at LinkedIn is fantastic and I had a great experience overall. The interview was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 pillars at LinkedIn: leadership, leverage and results. Which one would you choose and why? There is no right answer.

Tell me a time when you dealt with conflict? What happened, what was the result?

Why Recruiting? Why LinkedIn?

What is the best team you worked with? Why?

What do you know about the job role?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Contacted through LinkedIn InMail for a 30 minute conversation with a recruiter. Afterwards, I had a 1-hour technical interview with a software engineer. The final interview was also a 1-hour technical interview, but with a different software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic data structure questions, and it's trade-offs. Emphasized Big-O notations.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for Relationship Manager and Account Executive, had initial interview with a recruiter, then met with 2 hiring managers for a mock discovery call and then the final interview was a mock presentation about what you learned from the discovery call and meeting with 2 teammates for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What successful people do you look up to?   1 Answer

Machine Learning and Relevance Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consists of 1) Recruiter Phone Interview
    2) Technical Phone Interview
    3) Onsite Interview.
    The first interview is about basic questions on projects and skills. They ask you certain question regarding Linkedin.
    Second is a one hour technical interview where they ask Coding and Machine Learning questions for this position.

Global Sales Organization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through a referral, and was contacted by a recruiter within two weeks. Moved through two rounds of interviews. Interviews themselves were almost entirely behavioral, with most questions looking to gauge interest in LinkedIn and background.

SRE (SWE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was professional but the interviewers were not up to the mark.
    Got a call from the recruiter for phone screen.
    Round-1 technical phone screen, 3 questions 45 mins , collabedit.
    Onsite- 4 rounds 1 hour each + lunch
    Interviewers represent the company and it's culture, linkedIn is a network of professionals, I think they should give some training to the interviewers about representing the company culture.Few of the interviewers were not at all friendly and their body language impolite.This puts undue pressure on the candidate who is interviewing, and gives negative impression of the company.
    Result: I am assuming I am not selected, never heard anything back from the recruiter (It has been 3 months), again very unprofessional :) I hope someone from LinkedIn reads it and do some work on the interview process.

Interview Questions

• data structure , linked list and system design, one laptop debugging session using python.   Answer Question