LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,284 Interview Reviews

3.1

Linguist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was mostly asked HR questions such as whether I was okay with relocating or short-term contract to see whether or not it was worth going further with an online assesment. Results of the assesment would not be given.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process included 4 rounds with 7 interviews total that ranged from: Behavioral/Fit, Technical, and Case Studies. Overall it was a thorough and comprehensive interview process with different members from the team and cross-functional business units. The process kicked-off with a phone interview and then I proceeded to additional interviews that were technical, case, & fit - interview. Be prepared to have a clear & succinct story about your background/experiences, know how to translate that to the role, and brush up on your case study skills ahead of time.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A couple of qualifying interviews with recruiters, a remote programming interview, a systems interview. Was invited on site for 6 interviews. The process was like none before, extremely organized, onsite was professional and on time. Interviewers making sure I was at ease, hit on the questions pretty hard with vigorous follow ups. It was very good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

There were two questions asked. Solved both on time but the feedback was "asked many questions to understand second problem". Not sure if thats fair especially for a phone screen where we understand the problem before coding the solution.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find if string is numeric
      2. Reverse depth sum   1 Answer

Localization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Agency contacted me, then we set a language test. I passed the test. Then I had an Skype interview with hiring manager from LinkedIn. One minute into the interview she stopped sharing video with me. I noticed she lost interest. Then she sent me another test. The next day the recruiter called me to confirm my "date of birth". Never heard from them again. A typical case of ageism. I contacted them and they told me I passed the tests but they had someone better for the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard with a phone round and onsite schedule for 5 interviews + lunch.
    1. To start with phone round was average difficulty, questions from leetcode majorly.
    The only issue here, the interviewer trying to push his way of doing things on me, even though my way was better int time complexity and space complexity both. (Question: NestedList sum and basically reverse of that). I had to explain him in deep why is my code better and much more efficient, which as a Interviewer he should have caught much before me explaining him.
    2.1 Onsite Hiring Manager Interview: Pretty straight forward and a lot of things we talked about including last projects and his last project and in the end he gave me a question he solved in 5 years to see my approach, overall really helpful interview.
    2.2 Technical Communication: Again pretty straight forward interview take one of your best and one that you can clearly explain project and start talking about it, and answer any question they have.
    2.3 Lunch: Pretty smooth. (Their cafeteria is much better than google and facebook quality wise!!)
    2.4 Code Round1: Here all the negative started, one of the interviewer was a bit junior and the other senior and junior decided to lead the interview with one of the medium level question from Leetcode (Expression Operator). The problems: a] She didn't know how to solve the question she basically opened the LeetCode on her computer to keep it checked with my answer b] They don't want you to use your approach as they don't understand (they were super unprepared like Super!) c] Two interviewers not listening to my answers that I am giving to other one instead concentrating on their own questions instead of constructive its more like (You are Wrong!) kind of interview. d] They asked me to optimize the code which was optimized till the core (Basically expecting 4^n solution set but time complexity less than 4^n). They didn't understand this and kept pulling me till the end of the hour when one of them finally understood he was wrong and said that "This is most optimized one"; however the second lady didn't hear this and made a point that I didn't optimize it!!!! :/ (Stupid alert!!)
    2.5 Design Interview: The lady was really helpful and wanted to understand my approach (Seemed pretty rear in Linkedin looking at other interview experiences)
    2.6 Coding round 2: Both the engineers were super cool, one of hard level question I believe(Find k most closest nodes in BST, basically becomes hard when you improve time complexity) and the other one was finding square root of a number can be any number even decimals.

I got the response from my recruiter in 3 days saying they rejected me, because "I Couldn't optimize the code in my first coding round" Duh!!! I sent my recruiter email with all the details and how unprepared the interviewers were and she replied saying nothing can be done now as the decision is already taken however they will make sure it doesn't happen again!! (Looking at the other interviews it doesn't look like they do anything with the feedback)

In Summary: Great recruiter, very prompt and smooth process, but the actual interviews they tend to depend more on your luck (I don't like that!!). If the company improves the interviewers chances of getting right talent is a ton, and overall company really had healthy feeling. But again unprepared, lack of interest from interviewers killed my dream to join linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Nested List sum? (Both regular and reverse)   Answer Question
    • Closest K nodes to a target in BST? (Doit in O(n)?)   1 Answer
    • Square root of a number?   1 Answer
    • Expression operators? Add signs to a string to form target (All 4 signs +, -, *, /)   1 Answer
    • Top trending posts in last 5m, 1H, 1Day?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2017.

Interview

Chatted with the recruiter after which I had a video call with the hiring manager. Given that this is an HR related role, I expected a higher degree of professionalism and respect.

The recruiter nonchalantly brought up work-life balance and the degree of effort that I was going to put it given that I have a small baby at home. As an HR professional I am amazed at the type of questions and culture that a company like LinkedIn is trying to project out there.

Nonetheless, the recruiter liked my answer enough that I did proceed to the next round with the hiring manager. Here, the conversation was cut rather abruptly when she realized that she was out of time. Had no time to ask any questions about the company, culture, role, etc.

Suffice to say that the entire experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Worklife balance and my willingness to work extra hours after hearing that I have a small child at home.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn in July 2017.

Interview

Applied a few years back but didn't get in back then. Reached out to the same recruiter this time around and got the interview process rolling. All the recruiter I've interacted with at LinkedIn has definitely been a lot more friendlier and just overall great to work with compared to the other big companies and most smaller companies. Interview process did take a long time tho (about 1.5months). All the interviewers were pretty good in terms of personal skills imo. Just studied a lot of data structures, algorithms, system design (for onsite) and was good.

Process:
    -chat with recruiter
    -phone tech interview
    -chat with recruiter
    -onsite
    -chat with a team manager

Interview Questions

• signed nda. Just study data structures, alg, system design and you'll be good. did almost all the problems listed for LinkedIn in Glassdoor as well as a bunch of hackerrank problems   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming, easy going, casual. I first had 2 phone interviews in the course of 2 weeks, then I was asked to come in of the on-site interview. That consisted of one Video Conference interview and 2 in person interviews. 3 interviews back to back to back, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for LinkedIn? What has been your greatest accomplishment (personal or professional)? What has been your biggest challenge (personal or professional)? Why do you like recruiting?   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First is the phone screen for 45 mins, asked some simple questions, mostly JavaScript concepts. (like prototype inheritance, event bubbling etc)
    Then on site interview from 10AM~4PM, every hour 2 persons came in and asked different questions (including a lunch break). 1 algorithms, 2 design, 2 tech taste.
    But I feel that they asked duplicate questions regarding tech taste. (How do you do when your team are using a different framework then you prefer).
    Overall they are kind and professional

Interview Questions

• Given a staircase, you can jump 1, or 2, or 3 steps each time, how many ways you can jump to N level staircase   2 Answers
    • Design a month view Calendar. (it has a few previous month dates, current month dates, and a few next month dates), you can select a a date to change current month   Answer Question