LinkedIn Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter > phone screen > phone interview with hiring manager. The recruiter was top notch. The hiring manager ran through questions very quickly with little follow up. Questions did not seem to align with the JD's required skills.

Interview Questions

• What feature or piece of work are you most proud of?   Answer Question
  • How would you increase enterprise engagement?   Answer Question
  • If you were a VC, are you more bullish on AR or VR? What app would you build? What would be your killer feature?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1st - Recruiter. 2nd - Hiring PM, 3rd - Onsite with team members, 4th - Execs

I am still on the 3rd phase of the interview. The onsite takes about 4 hours with 45 minute each slots for each panelist. You will meet with an engr manager, data science manger, and PMs from various teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would pitch Microsoft CEO that linkedin is a good acquisition   Answer Question
    • A/B testing question - how would you test a certain linkedin feature. In my case it was 'people you may know' feature. How would you initially think about it when you don't have any data to base the decision off of?   Answer Question
    • What are your two main product management principles?   Answer Question
    • At what point is the product ready for production?   Answer Question
    • What is the linkedin feature that you love? Be prepared to talk at length about it. Be able to take it apart.   Answer Question
    • What are some main KPIs for project X. Be able to talk at length about metrics and KPIs.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Basic phone screening with recruiter. The recruiter wasn't too familiar about what my responsibilities would be and asked that I save my questions for the next round. The turnaround time was quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Whole process took over two months. Two phone interviews and one on-site interview with three PMs. Interview questions were relevant and about daily challenges that the PMs tackle. It was a pleasant experience overall. If I compare this experience to the Google PM interview I had a month prior to the LI interview, I have to say that LI PMs were way more grounded and their approach was way more friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you get Sales Professionals to post more links on LinkedIn? What metrics would you look at?   Answer Question
    • How would you get people to update their LinkedIn profiles?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an app that you have recently downloaded. How was their on-boarding process?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a product that you love. Why? How would you make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very well organized and thought out day of events at LinkedIn. Interviews themselves were mixed: some difficult, some easy. The analytical interview was most challenging. Be ready to talk in depth about any ideas you have.

Interview Questions

• What is a product you would improve? (Be ready to talk at length about why your improvement is important and how you could market it)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Applied for the position through their website. Received an email from one of their recruiters. The recruiter seemed really friendly and provided some background into the position. Went through some standard questions regarding my background and said she would pass my info to the hiring manager to schedule another phone screen. Maybe I misunderstood the recruiter but it felt like they would followup with me to schedule next interview but I never heard from them. I sent the recruiter an email to the recruiter a couple of weeks later following up on status. She said she would check with hiring manager and get back to me. Never heard anything since and never received a rejection email. As such, not a good experience.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Current MBA student, applied to PM New Grad position. Had attended the LinkedIn PM tour earlier in the summer for MBA students in PM roles in the Bay Area.

Had an initial call with HR after which a "technical interview" was scheduled with a PM. The technical interview had nothing technical about it, just 4 questions - about myself, my internship projects, why PM-role/why LinkedIn, and whether I'd been involved in a product launch. A 45 minute interview that ended in less than 25 minutes. A few days later I heard back saying they decided not to move ahead with my candidacy.

I'm not sure on what basis the decision was made (because nothing was asked that wasn't already on my resume). I spent a week researching the company inside out, had some great (in my view) suggestions and ideas but the interview seemed like a formality to reject my candidacy. Feel let down by the company and the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the most basic of all behavioral questions - about yourself, why LinkedIn and tell me about your internship projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews ->
    super day with 5 1:1 interviews ->
    offer

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the signing process of LinkedIn?   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewer asked for a case study on elevator in a building
    Also asked for my background (enterprise solutions in S/W)
    He also alsked me why I joined MBA.
    Asked for my previous experiences and why I quit certain companies.
    Also asked how would I use my experience in Business to help linkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Case study on elevators in a building   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Pleasant experience overall. Recruiters were very pleasant to work with, i had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by a couple of conversations with employees and finally an onsite interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO for Facebook what top 3 things would you do for the company?   1 Answer