LinkedIn Recruitment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LinkedIn Recruitment Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn in June 2017.

Interview

This has to be one of the worst interviewing experiences I've ever had and the fact that I was a referral makes it even worse. After I was referred by a colleague, a recruiter reached out to me to talk more about my experience and such. Once on the call, we go into things, she is polite about everything at the end of the call, she says next steps will be for you to have a phone interview with a member of our recruiting team, but then she tells that there are two positions she would like to consider me for - one the recruiter position which I was referred for and a recruiting coordinator job. I told her I wasn't interested in the coordinator position as I am currently a full-cycle recruiter. So she ends the call by saying, okay well then we can keep your resume on file if something matches your background I will reach out.

If they didn't think I was a fit for the recruiter position, they should have just been transparent about that instead of wasting my time. If you don't meet every minute detail in LinkedIn's job description don't even bother applying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was referred and had an in person interview. It was a positive experience with the recruiter. Had pretty good vibes, comfortable setting, and enjoyed the process as I was screened. My interviewer maintained a very positive and upbeat attitude that made the screening process a positively unforgettable one. What was more impressive was how the continue maintaining professional relationship after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was a great experience. The main thing I enjoyed about it is it felt more like conversations rather then me getting grilled. I had just come off interviewing for Lab 126 where I was put on the spot with lame scenario questions and was even ask the same ones more than once. LinkedIn hires for culture. I love that.

Interview Questions

• They asked what current websites really impressed me (in the UI sense). I just couldn't think of any for some reason.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me. It was that easy/simple.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen followed by 2 on-sites. Everyone was punctual, professional, prepared, and personable. Realistic expectations of the interview process and timelines were clearly communicated and I felt like they valued and appreciated my time. The things that impressed me the most were: the high caliber of the people I met, their excitement about LinkedIn, and they were clearly thoughtful about my experience as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the most important criteria for hiring a XYZ at LinkedIn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clearly convey your compensation expectations up front and gauge if you're in the same ballpark.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

4 interviews + 1 presentation on hiring strategy. The overall process took about 2 weeks. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable. The main reason for joining was the culture on display, alignment of the interviewers and the sort of people that LinkedIn had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview round around cultural fitment; ability to learn and flex;
      Past challenging searches performed and closed
      Ability to transition from big company to start-up-ish environment   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me for a 30-minute phone interview.
    The recruiter was direct but at the same time charming and easy-going.
    She called me because I was referral.
    She also talked 5 minutes about LinkedIn environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career and achievements   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2011.

Interview

1:1 straight forward interview