LinkedIn Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

367 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews + 6 onsite interviews. Pretty standard process. Recruiter contacted through linkedin profile. Got offer within few days as i had competing offers. Offer was best amongst the ones I had.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by a 6 hours onsite interview.

Questions were similar to what other glassdoor reviewers posted. Practice the problems in leetcode and glassdoor.

Their interviews are terribly long. It lasts up to 6 hours without a break. So make sure you are well fed and hydrated. Being fresh through the last round is more important.

Localization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Agency contacted me, then we set a language test. I passed the test. Then I had an Skype interview with hiring manager from LinkedIn. One minute into the interview she stopped sharing video with me. I noticed she lost interest. Then she sent me another test. The next day the recruiter called me to confirm my "date of birth". Never heard from them again. A typical case of ageism. I contacted them and they told me I passed the tests but they had someone better for the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process is pretty standard with a phone round and onsite schedule for 5 interviews + lunch.
    1. To start with phone round was average difficulty, questions from leetcode majorly.
    The only issue here, the interviewer trying to push his way of doing things on me, even though my way was better int time complexity and space complexity both. (Question: NestedList sum and basically reverse of that). I had to explain him in deep why is my code better and much more efficient, which as a Interviewer he should have caught much before me explaining him.
    2.1 Onsite Hiring Manager Interview: Pretty straight forward and a lot of things we talked about including last projects and his last project and in the end he gave me a question he solved in 5 years to see my approach, overall really helpful interview.
    2.2 Technical Communication: Again pretty straight forward interview take one of your best and one that you can clearly explain project and start talking about it, and answer any question they have.
    2.3 Lunch: Pretty smooth. (Their cafeteria is much better than google and facebook quality wise!!)
    2.4 Code Round1: Here all the negative started, one of the interviewer was a bit junior and the other senior and junior decided to lead the interview with one of the medium level question from Leetcode (Expression Operator). The problems: a] She didn't know how to solve the question she basically opened the LeetCode on her computer to keep it checked with my answer b] They don't want you to use your approach as they don't understand (they were super unprepared like Super!) c] Two interviewers not listening to my answers that I am giving to other one instead concentrating on their own questions instead of constructive its more like (You are Wrong!) kind of interview. d] They asked me to optimize the code which was optimized till the core (Basically expecting 4^n solution set but time complexity less than 4^n). They didn't understand this and kept pulling me till the end of the hour when one of them finally understood he was wrong and said that "This is most optimized one"; however the second lady didn't hear this and made a point that I didn't optimize it!!!! :/ (Stupid alert!!)
    2.5 Design Interview: The lady was really helpful and wanted to understand my approach (Seemed pretty rear in Linkedin looking at other interview experiences)
    2.6 Coding round 2: Both the engineers were super cool, one of hard level question I believe(Find k most closest nodes in BST, basically becomes hard when you improve time complexity) and the other one was finding square root of a number can be any number even decimals.

I got the response from my recruiter in 3 days saying they rejected me, because "I Couldn't optimize the code in my first coding round" Duh!!! I sent my recruiter email with all the details and how unprepared the interviewers were and she replied saying nothing can be done now as the decision is already taken however they will make sure it doesn't happen again!! (Looking at the other interviews it doesn't look like they do anything with the feedback)

In Summary: Great recruiter, very prompt and smooth process, but the actual interviews they tend to depend more on your luck (I don't like that!!). If the company improves the interviewers chances of getting right talent is a ton, and overall company really had healthy feeling. But again unprepared, lack of interest from interviewers killed my dream to join linkedin.

Interview Questions

• Nested List sum? (Both regular and reverse)   Answer Question
    • Closest K nodes to a target in BST? (Doit in O(n)?)   1 Answer
    • Square root of a number?   1 Answer
    • Expression operators? Add signs to a string to form target (All 4 signs +, -, *, /)   1 Answer
    • Top trending posts in last 5m, 1H, 1Day?   1 Answer

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very welcoming, easy going, casual. I first had 2 phone interviews in the course of 2 weeks, then I was asked to come in of the on-site interview. That consisted of one Video Conference interview and 2 in person interviews. 3 interviews back to back to back, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for LinkedIn? What has been your greatest accomplishment (personal or professional)? What has been your biggest challenge (personal or professional)? Why do you like recruiting?   Answer Question

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First is the phone screen for 45 mins, asked some simple questions, mostly JavaScript concepts. (like prototype inheritance, event bubbling etc)
    Then on site interview from 10AM~4PM, every hour 2 persons came in and asked different questions (including a lunch break). 1 algorithms, 2 design, 2 tech taste.
    But I feel that they asked duplicate questions regarding tech taste. (How do you do when your team are using a different framework then you prefer).
    Overall they are kind and professional

Interview Questions

• Given a staircase, you can jump 1, or 2, or 3 steps each time, how many ways you can jump to N level staircase   2 Answers
    • Design a month view Calendar. (it has a few previous month dates, current month dates, and a few next month dates), you can select a a date to change current month   Answer Question

Senior IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Passed phone screen and went onsite. Met with engineers and managers during the process. Interview questions were normal, the biggest issue was they assigned an engineer who seems to speak very little English (*cough* h1b *cough*). It took me a long time trying to figure out what he was asking, and by then I didn't have enough time to finish my response. That was the most frustrating part of the process, knowing you can solve the problem but are unable to due to bad communications from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Verbatim from the non-English engineer: "OS reads 4KB of data, the file can be 1KB but OS stores in 4K. It has this function: int read4K(buffer). Can you write function int read(buffer, int) that uses read4K(buffer) so apps can call it?"   1 Answer

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

So far 3 interviews. A test of basic quick questions about various system commands and networking, a programming test, and then a architecture interview. Very professional, friendly, and no pressure.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward process. One phone interview, one on-site interview. I felt welcomed and was well taken care of during in person interview. Very standard interview questions and a nice tour of the building.

Software Engineer - Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. Overall the process was great and everybody I spoke to were nice. Apart from the position , I was mainly concerned about culture and work-life balance and everybody I spoke to were really happy about working there.

1) Technical phone screen - This was a standard collabedit phone screen. Part-1 I was given some code and was asked the output and how to fix it. It was based on scope and JS inheritance. Part-2 HTML/CSS Had to code it from an image they had. I was also asked to explain floats| promises| accessibility.This was pretty straightforward, make sure you brush up on core JS.

2) Heard back roughly a week later and was invited Onsite. The onsite had 6 interviews with lunch. The HR will give you the different modules each interview focuses on. All interviews we mainly focused on UI(html/css/js) except 1 which was an Algo string manipulation question.
    Some modules were just JS, some I had to build out the whole component as a plugin(html/css/js). The design question was also more UI layer focused than system architecture which was unusual.

3) I left thinking I did well in all my interviews. But unfortunately I didn't get the job, the reason I was given was Design and 1 Js round feedback wasn't good. In both interviews I kept an open dialog discussed solution , improved with hints and reach a agreeable outcome. It was disappointing to not get specific feedback , so I'm not sure what really went wrong.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation. Write a jquery method in pure JS. Pragmatic UI.   2 Answers