LinkedIn Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LinkedIn Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. The first phone interview had 2 questions to solve. The second phone interview had one question but did add extensions to the problem later on. I did well and was invited onsite. Onsite was a typical 6hr interview with 1hr/round. 2 coding rounds, 1 design round , 1 round with host manager, 1 technical communication round and 1 lunch. Solve atleast 2 coding questions per coding round. Be fast and make sure the code is right to the most granular level. All the questions were from Leetcode medium level. Solve them as many as possible. I had a hiccup in one coding round and ran out of time to put the complete code for the second question and that was a good enough reason not to offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LinkedIn

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn in April 2017.

Interview

The Worst Interview. it is a phone screen and 2 people were there on line and they clearly came up with a certain solution to the problems given and they clearly dont want to listen any other way or approach to a problem. even to write some solution which runs in best time but not what they prepared and came.
    it looks like their interview process is broken

Interview Questions

• sorted character array return next largest character for given input character

{c,f,g,h,k} i/p c o/p f
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR screened for the first round. Then technical phone interview, asked me coding questions from leetcode, basic data structure and algorithm questions. Basic machine learning algorithms. Prior experience of coding and projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and onsite after 1 week. They are good at moving fast if you have other offers. Interview was hard with 2 Leetcode hard problems and 2 medium ones. (max lines on a plane) and (least common windowing). You need to be prepared for this interview. It is real hard, so create a plan for prep and try to solve as many leetcode problems as you can. IMHO you should be comfortable doing at least 250 of 500 leetcode problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1 technical phone screen of 3 questions.
    Onsite with 2 coding rounds(1 moderate ,1 very hard), 2 Managerial rounds,1 design round and 1 lunch interview.
    Took about 2 weeks to come back with the result.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two coding rounds, two system design rounds, and one behavioral round. System design questions are difficult compared to the coding questions. However, if you prepare standard system design questions then you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Standard leetcode or geeksforgeeks questions -- based on binary search trees, linked-lists, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY).

Interview

Start with the informational interview, it went very well for the position fit until they told me their discriminatory H1B policy at last minute and they decide not to move on. That shocked me since I still have time for H1B application, and it is against the equality principle.

Interview Questions

• not particular questions, but I was passed due to H1B policy   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

First had a phone interview with 2 engineers. Two basic questions were asked.
    Then invited to an onsite in Sunnyvale and Mountain View. The onsite consists of 4 rounds -- two coding (data structure + algorithms; 2 questions per round) + one system design + one manager (/behavior) round. Got an offer in about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR on LinkedIn. After the phone Interview, I went to sunnyvale HQ for onsite Interview and got an offer after one week. The interview has 6 sessions, including two system designs.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round telephonic interview with 2 engineers. Was not tough. But they were nitpicking on syntax and indentation. It was also hard to understand them which led me to ask them to repeat themselves many a time. One of the engineers was quite rude. Snapped at me when i asked for clarification.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree level traversal and one question related to binary search   Answer Question