Lionbridge Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lionbridge.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. My first was with the HR Recruiter over the phone, then with the Business unit manager over the phone, then in person with the person who would be my manager, and an in person again with the Business Unit manager. It was a fairly simple interview process, with nothing out of the ordinary.

Negotiation

I asked for more, and they gave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Lionbridge

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

I interviewed on the phone and was completely turned off by the recruiter. To every answer I gave to a question, they gave me "advice" or talked down to me about what I had said. Specifically about salary requirements, previous experience, and what I wanted out of a job. Not necessarily something I consider professional or necessary. I was offered an on site interview, but thankfully I had an offer from a different company and declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not have any experience with what you are interested in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Boise, ID) in January 2012.

Interview

Received initial phone call from management regarding position but contract position was pending. The position did not become available for 4 months. After 4 months I was asked if I was still interested. I went through two interviews with two managers. I was offered the position after the second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Bellevue, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR for a 15 minute phone screen. Following the phone screen, I was invited to come in for an on site interview at the Lionbridge office. The panel interview consisted of 4-6 people who were members of the team of the position that I had applied.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have any experience with localization. Most of the other questions were behavioral (e.g. Name a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker who caused conflict in the work place. What did you do to to resolve the conflict?)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The good thing: I did talk to a recruiter, a site manager and a team manager. The bad thing: The recruiter was *only* interested in locking me in at the lowest imaginable salary level for my position. I was only able to talk to the site and team managers by keeping them continually in the loop (and also by being frank to them in my refusal to talk about compensation before I had learned anything about the concrete position).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having to rely on difficult resources (junior, far away, cultural gap) for completing a job, given no other choice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ultimately, there was no negotiation. There was a take-it-or-leave-it offer, and it came without any benefits.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Žilina (Slovakia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Žilina (Slovakia)) in October 2017.

Interview

I sent a CV over based on friend's recommendation and received a phone call to complete a project management test- very outdated and should be reviewed. I had 2 interview rounds for a Project manager position in Zilina. First round was with HR manager, second with senior project managers I believe - same questions were asked the second round, seems like no information was passed on so literally repeated the same things. Regardless, I was offered the position with a start date within couple weeks (about 2 I think). Then 10 days before my start date I received a phone call that they cannot offer me the position although I have received an offer letter and sent all my documents through. They blame it on 'higher management' but clearly they were alerted in advance. I turned two other positions down so I could accept this one but if I was told at interview stage that this might be the case I would not even bother. I understand that situations like this might occur but this was clearly poorly handled. Your Hr managers need to gain stronger management skills. I don't recommend this company to anyone who has higher expectations from their future career.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Warsaw (Poland)).

Interview

After initial phone interview I was invited to take part in on-site meeting with HR representative and manager from the team. Questions concerning my career path, goals for the future, info about the company and localization process asn so on..., There was also analytical test, Excel test and the task - how to deal with difficult client. and situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

almost no negotiations

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Warsaw (Poland)) in January 2013.

Interview

1 hour interview with HR recruiter and potential manager: standard questions like what is localisation, why our company, what do you think project coordinator/ manager is responsible for, your strengths and weak points;

+ one hour test on excell and general management skills:
    creating pivot tables based on given data, using basic formulas as sum/ if etc/ open questions like what would you do if something happens in the project and why

Interview Questions

• create pivot table, use some formulas and count gross margin based on data provided   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lionbridge in February 2011.

Interview

The HR team is not at all persistant and I had to follow-up several times before getting a confirmed offer letter.

There are 3 rounds after the initial HR phone screening, 1. Aptitude test, interview with the Project Director/Project in-charge and HR round. Interview rounds are logical and happen quickly in a day or maybe with an extension of a day or so.

The follow-up on the result is a pain. You keep calling the HR team if you got selected or rejected.

Documentation and reference checks are pretty standard and easy. Offer letter along with the required documents is emailed. No company expecation on the attire or first day induction is included. On the first day of joining, team introduction takes place.

The Banking takes a long time... Mine took 3 months for the account to be opened with ICICI.

The documentation submission is pretty simple and they dont take the original certificates for Managers.

Interview Questions

• Questions and rounds are pretty Logical and Straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate and be firm on what you want. Package, prior approval on leaves and Bonuses. You will get what you ask or Peanuts

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Mumbai (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring was very professional and excellent, feedback was given immediatley and questions asked were very pertinenet to the job being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions such as DNS and Gateway explanation   Answer Question