Lionsgate Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Interviewed online and didn't get a response until about a month later. Had a phone interview with HR and two in person interviews, including with the Executive who I would be working directly under. Everyone was really nice and this process went pretty quick but then never heard from them. When I emailed to follow up a few weeks after the last interview, they said they were still in the interview process but never gave me a definite answer after that. I expect this from bigger companies when I just have a phone interview, but when I make it to the final round of interviews, I would hope for the respect of at least an email saying I didn't get the job.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The employer interviewed via phone. She was asking the reason why I am looking, experiences, commute, reason for the open positions. It was position that open in their Santa Monica Office.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Human Resources team and they asked me a few situational questions and asked me about myself. A few weeks later I was contacted by someone from the Motion Picture Production Department for a "introductory phone interview" and a few hours later I was contacted by the same human resources member from a couple weeks prior and offered a position. I thought I did kind of bad on the phone interview, but I think they just want to make sure that you're passionate and someone that they can get along with. Overall a really convenient and welcoming process. I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when something went wrong and you had to fix it?   1 Answer
    • When have you worked with a team/acted in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email not too much later asking to set up a screening call. After a pleasant call with HR they set me up with an on site interview with the Director. The interview was great! The team seemed wonderful, she was very professional and made me feel very comfortable. Everyone was informative and I got an excellent sense of the job. They walked me around and it is an open office concept at Lionsgate. About a week later they asked me to come back and meet with another team member who was also wonderful. Unfortunately, I did not accept the position because I had another full time offer (this role was a temp position) but Lionsgate seemed like such a wonderful place to work and I hope I get the chance to work with that team some day! I want to note how wonderful and responsive HR was with me. They stayed in touch, were very informed, answered all my questions, and were just flat out professional and a delight. One of the best HR experiences I had in my job search!

Interview Questions

• What kinds of campaigns have you worked on and what is your favorite medium to use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Glendora, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great, however, my interviews were only over the phone so I do not have a say in what the in person interviews would be like. The ones giving the interview were very knowledgeable and were looking for more experience than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked or interned previous to this position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Applied online, HR called in a week. Briefly asked about my background and invited me to meet her and the team the following week. The entire process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How did you find out about this position? Why are you interested? What's the favorite thing you like in your current workplace, and what's your least favorite? Why should I choose you and how are you different than other candidates? How well do you know Excel?   Answer Question

International Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Culver City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It went on really smooth, interviewed by two people. Educated a lot on the company culture and what they do at the department, but got no response after the interview. Feel disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What channel attracts you the most regarding promoting a new film?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The process was pretty lackluster due to the fact that the recruiter had no idea what they were talking about, nor did they have any relevant details on the job. Poor follow up and our in person interview consisted of her experiences rather than asking details of my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews, all of which were over the phone. The first was with HR, where it was just for them to find out which departments to circulate my resume. The second was with an executive assistant, who would turn out to be my supervisor for the internship period. The last was with the executive assistant and a manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interests in the company and the industry and what skills I had that would be considered unique and valuable to the department. They also showed interest in my work ethic and how I operated in an office environment.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lionsgate (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed to be an executive assistant in the music department. I didn't get the job, but the experience was a great one none the less. First there was a phone interview that was very easy going, then I had a follow up interview with a few people from the HR department who were all very friendly. Then I had a chat with the man who's assistant I was interviewing to be. The questions were very fair, I never felt like I was being tricked or anything. Overall a very positive experience.