LitePoint Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Instrument Software Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Appplied online.Had a Phone interview with the Director of the concerned department and the lead Engineer of the team where the intern would work.Both of them were very nice.Spoke to the Director for 30 mins and later to the engineer for about 90 mins.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my qualifications especially my practical Hardware skills.   1 Answer

RF Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. 1 round of telephone interview and then onsite interview with 3 senior engineer. Job profile was discussed in details, which i think was really cool.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

2 technical phone interviews followed by a a day long onsite technical interview. Most questions were related to RF concepts and test methodologies. Interviewers are all very courteous and it is evident that they knew what they were talking about.
    Everything that they asked was related to the profile I was interviewing for and no unreasonable questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Spectrum representation of a phase shifted CW waveform in a band limited digital capture   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty simple & quick. Received a call within 3 days. I received the offer the very next day after the interview. I was interviewed by the team, the director & the VP of Engineering.

Senior RD Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with manager who has open rec. Next you get invited to meet with the manager in person, but first you talk to HR. Usual questions, no trick questions. You next get to talk with the department manager, potential co-workers, engineers from the department. I was asked reasonable RF questions, a few questions about Analog and Digital circuits, software, a little RF theory. How parts work, how things work in general. It’s easy and fun stuff to talk about if you know RF, but if you don’t, well you can’t possibly answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect a RF amplifier chip up, what are some considerations for circuits working at 6 GHz, describe common functions like mixer, splitter, attenuator, amplifiers, RF measurements, test equipment like Network Analyzer and Spectrum Analyzer, Maxwell's equations, Lorentz force law.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made and I accepted. Didn’t negotiate salary at all.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1) phone scanned by recruiter; - had a referral by an employee inside
    2) phone scanned by hiring manager, one week later; very technical. lots of questions.
    3) onsite Sunnyvale office. 5 people for each 45 mins. People are from different background, software, hardware, RF, one good thing was that joined their free lunch afterwards- maybe it is a behavior interview during lunch, but I just behavior naturally. Food is just OK.
    4) HR reach me about 1 week later and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Modulation of Wifi standard.
      Instrument for testing   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LitePoint (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met one of the managers at a job fair on campus. He started talking about the company and what they do. Then I started talking about my background and my knowledge in programming and parallel processing and multi threading. At that point he was impressed, so he set up a time for the onsite interview.
    At the first phase they sent me a link to answer some GRE-wise questions (math + vocabulary)
    The interview took like 5.5 hours with 3 people. First person asked general software engineering questions, object oriented questions and some operating system questions such as mutual exclusion and semaphores and etc.
    The second interviewer asked me some questions about HTML, CSS, Javascript which was so simple and then he asked some data structure questions. It was about the fastest was to traverse a spanning tree.
    The last interviewer was the most difficult part. He had a stack of C/C++ programs. There were some mistakes in the programs and I was supposed to find the mistakes, correct them and optimize them.
    But in general the manager was so friendly and based on his feedback I could say that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about multi-threading and parallel processing and the difference between these two techniques in terms of CPU, memory management and network.   Answer Question
    • Lots of C/C++ questions which most of them were related to pointers and using pointers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is negotiable.