LiveCareer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Email communication seemed unnecessarily formal. During my phone call with the recruiter, I was disappointed to learn she hadn't spent much time speaking with the hiring manager about the needs for the role. All interviewers want you to have questions for them, but she wasn't able to answer any of them. I'm not sure she understood the role, my potential value. She asked for writing samples and to move forward but I wasn't interested in pursuing the role after speaking with her.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer.

Interview

Recruiter reached out by email after receiving my application online. I responded with my availability and waited a few days for a response. Sent a follow up a week later to check, still no response. Sent a third two weeks later, no response. If your team has moved on to other candidates, at least have the common courtesy to notify candidates you've already contacted. This was a disappointing experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. First, I spoke with the HR who asked me mostly behavioral type of questions. Second, I moved forward and met the marketing team in their offices. They all seemed very smart, talented people. Questions were different - depending of the team, mostly focused on their teams needs and solving "situational" problems. The last stage was a case study. These guys should coach other big companies (tech startups) on how to do HR - they are personal, friendly, and make the candidate feel that he/she is an important member for the company (right from the beginning).

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via LinkedIn, then I had a phone interview, followed by 3 visits to the office for face-to-face interviews. Then was told that I would hear back the next day. I didn't hear from them for 2.5 weeks. Not professional at all. If you weren't going to call - don't tell me you are. If you don't know an answer the next day - that's understandable - either don't tell me you're going to call or call and tell me you don't have an update. Follow through is critical. I'm selling you on my skills, but you're also selling me on the company. Not a good impression.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The team is seeking multiple roles - Product Mgr on Web and Mobile to build out their baseline product ResumeBuilder. The interview entailed: 1 HR Phone screener, 1 Group Interview with Sr. PM and HR, 1 Group Interview with Product and Program Mgmt Executives. The final round also included a homework assignment to plot out their Mobile Roadmap. The firm uses offshore engineering which places more emphasis on getting specs completely written out and makes the whole development less agile. Be prepared to stress that you are comfortable working in a slow environment. The role is probably more project management as you will be working with a Senior PM that has more control of the roadmap. The leadership team does not seem to take risks, and is maintaining the cash-cow product. Much of the monetization strategy relies on luring individuals into trials and renewing subscriptions at higher costs. The team does not seem too interested in working on ideas outside of resume creation.

Interview Questions

• Build the business case for why LiveCareer should be allowing users to search for jobs from their mobile device.   Answer Question

LiveCareer Response

Dec 20, 2013 – Recruiting and Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the feedback in relation to our interview process. Thank you for taking the time to provide it. LiveCareer has several products that have helped people all over the world. We continue... More

Team Lead C# .NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Took whole day - {1 written and 2 face to face interviews}

They called candidates more than they can handle from experience 1-11 years, same people were taking interviews.

1 interview and one has to wait for 3-4 hours for another round
    no lunch or breakfast for candidates, lunch only for staff who was interviewing

Written is fairly simple, few subjective questions
    1 program to write
    #written
    gap of 4 hours
    #1st face to face interview
    gap of 4 hours
    #2nd face to face rounds

I reached at 9 am and came out at 6pm spending around 1 hour with interviewers. i traveled from long distance to give them interview.

i was good with written. did all questions with almost zero errors

1st round :
    interviewer did not know how to speak fluent English, he was not able to frame questions
    he did not know what to ask, he was thinking for 3-4 mins before he could ask, and was not able to phrase the questions.
    i helped him to phrase and also answered his questions.

2nd round :
    interviewer was very good, he did not ask me much about c#, .net, but questions were mostly on data structures and algos, he made me write code related to tree and i did it. He was very happy to see that.

- I think i did fairly well in interview. They did not even bother to give feedback what went wrong. Simply said you could not be selected after 5 days.
    - They told me it is scheduled interview and wasted my whole day.

They do not value your time
    They make you sit from morning 9am to 6pm for nothing and they do not give you detailed feedback.

Interview Questions

• written : techniques of session management, merge two sorted array into single sorted array, few basic mathematical questions, order of having, group by, select, table etc
      1st round : what is api ? how is soap different for restful service ? managing session out proc ?
      2nd round : represent a tree with n node on code ? print all leaf nodes from this tree ? how can we represent this tree in rdbms ? print all leaf node from table you have made using query ? on click of button make the div of some color (apply class on div on click of button).   Answer Question

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was good. Generally, they asked common questions from industry.

The first round was telephonic, where the interviewer was very good. He asked common questions from Java OOPS concepts. There were few questions from Selenium WebDriver, web service testing as well.

The second round interviewer asked almost same oops based questions and few from WebDriver.

The third round questions were general like, what you looking in this company? Why you are changing current job? Any reason for relocation.

Test Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two technical rounds, one CEO round and final HR & compensation discussion round.
    First technical round is with team lead or a team mate and second is with Manager. Final discussion is with CEO!

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

One Written test with basic question from Latest Technology.from List ,Jquery, Oops and SQL.
    Second round with the TEam lead with Deep Knowledge of Opps and Basic .Net + Storng Opps

BI Developer Interview

Interview

1st Technical Written
    2nd Technical 1-1 round
    3rd Technical round

It was looking as if they dont know the technology they are hiring for.
    All the question are from sql which were also learnt from internet.
    Not even single question have been asked from the technology they have called an candidate.
    Also it was looking sought of an marketing of there company calling around 150 people (Almost half of there whole company strength) in total of QA, .NET, BI.
    Interviewer was looking so in-experienced dont know how to tackle candidate.

Interview Questions

• Sql Questions like creating an dynamic column having aggregation of other column first two values and place it to third place in new column.   Answer Question