LiveCareer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Email communication seemed unnecessarily formal. During my phone call with the recruiter, I was disappointed to learn she hadn't spent much time speaking with the hiring manager about the needs for the role. All interviewers want you to have questions for them, but she wasn't able to answer any of them. I'm not sure she understood the role, my potential value. She asked for writing samples and to move forward but I wasn't interested in pursuing the role after speaking with her.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer.

Interview

Recruiter reached out by email after receiving my application online. I responded with my availability and waited a few days for a response. Sent a follow up a week later to check, still no response. Sent a third two weeks later, no response. If your team has moved on to other candidates, at least have the common courtesy to notify candidates you've already contacted. This was a disappointing experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. First, I spoke with the HR who asked me mostly behavioral type of questions. Second, I moved forward and met the marketing team in their offices. They all seemed very smart, talented people. Questions were different - depending of the team, mostly focused on their teams needs and solving "situational" problems. The last stage was a case study. These guys should coach other big companies (tech startups) on how to do HR - they are personal, friendly, and make the candidate feel that he/she is an important member for the company (right from the beginning).

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job through the recruiter on linkedin. The recruiter matched my profile and once found that mine was a good fit she called me to check other requirements for the role. I received a mail for the phone call with the hiring manager and it was very interesting to know more about the role and he also asking a couple of sql questions. I had another phone interview with the Engineer from the team who tested my skillset for identifying kpis in a web mining environment and other marketing questions. I received a mail for the onsite and it was with 5 different people from different team for whom I will have to work with if I join. The interview was very challenging. They asked various problems from data science, stats, sql, marketing analytics, google analytics, R and puzzles here and there. I also was called in for another onsite to meet few other team mates and the people/interviewers were very polite and approachable. That's one thing I have seen lacking in many interview processes. I think that's what made me perform better as I felt comfortable in the interview environment which is an important contributor to anyone's performance in a job interview. The recruiters were very helpful and prompt of updating me on the next steps.

Interview Questions

• It was more related to handling a case in web analytics in order to improve the performance of the site or a product.   Answer Question

LiveCareer Response

Feb 9, 2015 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you had such a positive experience and we encourage any and all constructive feedback from our recent hires on their hiring process. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and ... More

PPC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Starts with a phone call from one of their recruiter. Then met with the entire team. Entry-level position, they just want to make sure that you are smart, care about what you do, and a good-fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about me?

What questions do you have for me?
      1 Answer

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via LinkedIn, then I had a phone interview, followed by 3 visits to the office for face-to-face interviews. Then was told that I would hear back the next day. I didn't hear from them for 2.5 weeks. Not professional at all. If you weren't going to call - don't tell me you are. If you don't know an answer the next day - that's understandable - either don't tell me you're going to call or call and tell me you don't have an update. Follow through is critical. I'm selling you on my skills, but you're also selling me on the company. Not a good impression.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The team is seeking multiple roles - Product Mgr on Web and Mobile to build out their baseline product ResumeBuilder. The interview entailed: 1 HR Phone screener, 1 Group Interview with Sr. PM and HR, 1 Group Interview with Product and Program Mgmt Executives. The final round also included a homework assignment to plot out their Mobile Roadmap. The firm uses offshore engineering which places more emphasis on getting specs completely written out and makes the whole development less agile. Be prepared to stress that you are comfortable working in a slow environment. The role is probably more project management as you will be working with a Senior PM that has more control of the roadmap. The leadership team does not seem to take risks, and is maintaining the cash-cow product. Much of the monetization strategy relies on luring individuals into trials and renewing subscriptions at higher costs. The team does not seem too interested in working on ideas outside of resume creation.

Interview Questions

• Build the business case for why LiveCareer should be allowing users to search for jobs from their mobile device.   Answer Question

LiveCareer Response

Dec 20, 2013 – Recruiting and Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the feedback in relation to our interview process. Thank you for taking the time to provide it. LiveCareer has several products that have helped people all over the world. We continue ... More

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was good. Generally, they asked common questions from industry.

The first round was telephonic, where the interviewer was very good. He asked common questions from Java OOPS concepts. There were few questions from Selenium WebDriver, web service testing as well.

The second round interviewer asked almost same oops based questions and few from WebDriver.

The third round questions were general like, what you looking in this company? Why you are changing current job? Any reason for relocation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LiveCareer.

Interview

I got a call from HR team and the interview was scheduled. It was a very pleasant experience. They were giving gifts (keyrings, notebooks, coffee mugs) to everyone coming for the process. The process was smooth. 3 technical rounds and one HR discussion round. The process took 1 day and got offer letter in 2 weeks.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

One Written test with basic question from Latest Technology.from List ,Jquery, Oops and SQL.
    Second round with the TEam lead with Deep Knowledge of Opps and Basic .Net + Storng Opps