LiveCareer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LiveCareer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)).

Interview

Written, 2 technical rounds ,1 Managerial discussion and HR discussion.

Clear,concise interview Process,Technical Panel were very knowledgeable.

HR discussion cleared about company benefits and policies which helped me to decide about the company and accept the offer.I appreciate the way HR Manager answered all my silly questions as well.

Everyone seems to be very friendly and approachable .

Interview Questions

• A tricky mathematical question in the manager round which i was not expecting :-)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer.

Interview

Recruiter reached out by email after receiving my application online. I responded with my availability and waited a few days for a response. Sent a follow up a week later to check, still no response. Sent a third two weeks later, no response. If your team has moved on to other candidates, at least have the common courtesy to notify candidates you've already contacted. This was a disappointing experience.

BI Developer Interview

Interview

1st Technical Written
    2nd Technical 1-1 round
    3rd Technical round

It was looking as if they dont know the technology they are hiring for.
    All the question are from sql which were also learnt from internet.
    Not even single question have been asked from the technology they have called an candidate.
    Also it was looking sought of an marketing of there company calling around 150 people (Almost half of there whole company strength) in total of QA, .NET, BI.
    Interviewer was looking so in-experienced dont know how to tackle candidate.

Interview Questions

• Sql Questions like creating an dynamic column having aggregation of other column first two values and place it to third place in new column.   Answer Question

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Email communication seemed unnecessarily formal. During my phone call with the recruiter, I was disappointed to learn she hadn't spent much time speaking with the hiring manager about the needs for the role. All interviewers want you to have questions for them, but she wasn't able to answer any of them. I'm not sure she understood the role, my potential value. She asked for writing samples and to move forward but I wasn't interested in pursuing the role after speaking with her.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process is very simple and not oraganized. They dont know how to select talented people. They have same type of question for all the experience people. Main problem is they dont know whom they are interviewing. they never check the resume of the person just go with their own mindset and ask same question with every person.
    Also if you tell them and explain your solution or answer to them with justtification they will get arrogant and will start showing that they are better than you.
    Senior people lacks for technical knowledge so they only ask set of pre selected question and expect the bookish answer for them.
    I dont think they will be able to select any talented person. They want the order follower people only. They dont have good tech practices being implemented in the company.
    HR is the worst person he does not the profile he is hiring for, he will commit for some role and when you reach you will be surprised to know that role does not exist at all in the job positions they are hiring for.
    over and all please dont waste your time with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The team is seeking multiple roles - Product Mgr on Web and Mobile to build out their baseline product ResumeBuilder. The interview entailed: 1 HR Phone screener, 1 Group Interview with Sr. PM and HR, 1 Group Interview with Product and Program Mgmt Executives. The final round also included a homework assignment to plot out their Mobile Roadmap. The firm uses offshore engineering which places more emphasis on getting specs completely written out and makes the whole development less agile. Be prepared to stress that you are comfortable working in a slow environment. The role is probably more project management as you will be working with a Senior PM that has more control of the roadmap. The leadership team does not seem to take risks, and is maintaining the cash-cow product. Much of the monetization strategy relies on luring individuals into trials and renewing subscriptions at higher costs. The team does not seem too interested in working on ideas outside of resume creation.

Interview Questions

• Build the business case for why LiveCareer should be allowing users to search for jobs from their mobile device.   Answer Question

LiveCareer Response

Dec 20, 2013 – Recruiting and Human Resources Manager

We appreciate the feedback in relation to our interview process. Thank you for taking the time to provide it. LiveCareer has several products that have helped people all over the world. We continue ... More

Manager Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LiveCareer (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was via LinkedIn, then I had a phone interview, followed by 3 visits to the office for face-to-face interviews. Then was told that I would hear back the next day. I didn't hear from them for 2.5 weeks. Not professional at all. If you weren't going to call - don't tell me you are. If you don't know an answer the next day - that's understandable - either don't tell me you're going to call or call and tell me you don't have an update. Follow through is critical. I'm selling you on my skills, but you're also selling me on the company. Not a good impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

HR was very friendly, overall environment was good. Interviewer was somebody who was not clear with the technical concepts and was arguing without having a base. I think company should review their interview panel and let only those people who have sufficient amount of experience and skills to interview people who are coming for higher positions.

SSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

One Written test with basic question from Latest Technology.from List ,Jquery, Oops and SQL.
    Second round with the TEam lead with Deep Knowledge of Opps and Basic .Net + Storng Opps

SSD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I interviewed at LiveCareer (Noida (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• What is class diagram
      Why Entity framework and no other orm
      Answer Question