LivingSocial Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at LivingSocial

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

First we did a phone interview with a recruiter. It went well and I was invited to Washington D.C. for a second interview in person. They paid for the entire trip and I was back home (Toronto) in less than 24 hours.

The in person interview I thought went very well. It is a 3 stage process where they ask you to do a mock pitch, tell them about yourself and general computer use.

When I had gotten out of the interview, I called my recruiter and she said that I was in the lead for the job and that they really liked me.

2 weeks later I got an email saying thanks but I was not right for the job.

Not sure what happened but I enjoyed the trip to Washington at least!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (New Orleans, LA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn who viewed my resume. Apparently, as I found out later, they contacted several of my past co-workers for the same position. After an initial phone interview, I was then asked to submit a 30 second video of why I would want to work for their company. The next step, they flew me out to Baltimore, MD for a face to face group interview where I was asked to give a presentation on one of 3 chosen companies. I received a letter to come back an hour later for a 2nd interview, which was one on one with a different person. It seemed things went very well but I never did receive an offer after returning home. They did, however, hire my co-worker for the position. Overall, it was a great experience and the most thorough interview process I have been through. Unfortunately, I recently applied for the same position and after receiving a request for another phone interview, I was told that they cannot interview me for the position if I have already done so.

Interview Questions

• We had to study a sheet of 3 companies and they chose which one we would give a presentation.   Answer Question
    • Nothing to difficult. I was asked where I see myself in 5 years and what I think it would take to succeed as an account rep for their company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was wondering if anyone gets hired that wasn't invited to stay in DC for the 3rd round of the interview process? I went for the first 2 which went okay but was told I could head to the airport after that. From what I have read it appears that if you do not get asked for the 3rd you don't get an offer. Since they tell you that being invited to the 3rd or not being invited is not an indicator of whether or not you get the job....I was curious to see if anyone out there has gotten an offer from only 2 interviews while in DC?????? Thanks!

Interview Questions

• Do you have your written 60 day outline?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

All communication is done by email and the joblink online tool used to organize and track all progress. They are looking for sales people to live in the area they would sell in. The initial screening is about your level of cold calling, quota experience and honors/awards. Having some target accounts and business challenges would be a wise idea. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Lancaster, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through my linked in account. I had the first phone interview which is just really learning more about you, your skills, and learning more about the position. Passed that and had a 2nd phone interview a week later. That was a mock pitch phone interview. Was asked to create some deals ahead of time for this interview as well and share those deals over the phone. After reviweing the deals, was given a fake company and had to do a pitch over the phone. Had great feedback and was invited to DC the next week for 1on1 interviews. My first interview in the morning was actually with someone who worked in their web development department and this is just a get to know you type interview. I thought a little strange because he had no clue about what my job would entail as a sales person, but I understand they are tyring to get a feel from all aspects of their company as to who they are hiring. Second interview was with 3 people and you are asked to give a mock pitch on a business that they choose. Before arriving in DC they will give you a prep pack that has 3 different business's for your mock pitch. You will not know which business they will ask you to pitch going into it. I thought I did pretty well through the pitch and was asked to come back later on in the day for a 3rd interview. The 3rd interview is reviewing your resume and asking more questions to see how knowledeable you are about LivingSocial and their business model. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I thought everything went great, but I just received my email saying I would not be getting an offer from them at this time. Very disapointed as I was very positive and really wanted this position. Lilving Social was first class all the way and their interview process while a bit out of the box will get is basically like most interviews for sales positions. My advice, do your homework on the company and it's competitors and have a plan in place on how you reach your sales goals ahead of time. They really want you to break down your numbers i.e. how many calls will it take to get to x number of appointments so you can make a sale and reach monthly goals.

Interview Questions

• Why choose Living Social over Groupon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Was a phone interview that took about 25 minutes, very typical intro of company, intro yourself, why you feel you'd be a good candidate. The lady was nice, said she had been with co for about 8 months, sounded very intelligent. Call ended with we will contact you within 3 business days to determine if you'd move forward for ock interview.

Interview Questions

• What types of unique services would you like to offer through living social?   1 Answer

I'm still in process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

My experience interviewing with Living Social is VERY similar to the other posts found here. I had an initial phone interview with a very cordial recruiter, wherein he asked the basic questions in a screening phone interview. He gave me many details of the job, prepared me for the next step, which was another phone interview, and most of the questions he asked of me were general knowledge questions about Living Social, how long I had been a subscriber, if I had any concerns about the company or group discount programs, etc. He told me I would hear from someone via email to set up my second phone interview in which I would be prompted with a fictitious business to which I would have to mock-sell Living Social, and if I was recommended beyond the second interview they would fly me to Washington D.C. for a face-to-face interview. Very different from what I am used to, in that the district manager had no contact with me prior to an interview at the home office. Seemed very impersonal to me, however I felt fairly positive after the first phone interview.

I received an email from another recruiter who gave me my interview time and the number to call in to for the interview. Yet another recruiter and she was somewhat difficult to read, and she would not really respond to my answers, as did the first interview. She would just say, "Okay.." and move on to the next question. During the mock pitch, she told me I was selling to a movie theater and I just went through a basic sales pitch, in which I asked needs questions, etc. and then tried to come up with a creative voucher proposal and then gave features of Living Social and the benefits to the business. She questioned the 50/50 profit share model, and then ended the mock pitch before I could get to a close. It was again, very impersonal. She was friendly however. I felt like since she didn't let me know right then that I was moving forward like the first recruiter did, I probably wasn't moving forward, and two days later I got the rejection email. I hope that this information helps as much as the posts I read prior to my interviews helped me?

Although I am in need of a sales job, I am somewhat glad I am not moving forward with this company. I feel like it is important to find the right fit with the local team, and the DSM didn't even talk to me. I feel like this is a very weird way to build a sales team.

Interview Questions

• Why Living Social versus Groupon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (San Antonio, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Pretty similar interview process to the ones that are mentioned here. I had 2 phone interviews, the first being a simple feel out session (go over resume, make sure you are a good fit) and the second being a role play about the product. After this point they told me that they wanted to send me to Washington DC to do a in person interview. Very good and organized at this point, travel went off without a glitch. They put you up in downtown DC very close to several attractions. When I got to the interview there were about 15 people from all around the country waiting to go through the process. At this point you do 2 face to face interviews, very similar to the phone. They give you some prep and information prior to you coming in so be very very prepared when you come in. At this point they decide if they want you to come in to do an afternoon interview. I was selected and the afternoon interviews consisted of a knowledge check (technology) and a face to face interview. After this an assistant tells you that they will be in contact with you in a week and that is it. Since you are not getting interviewed by anybody in your city I do not think that they make offers on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If my business has already done Groupon and my campaign was unsuccessful why would I do LivingSocial?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone screening interview, then proceeded to a mock sales pitch conducted via phone. The first 2 interviews were conducted by their affiliated recruiting company. If you pass the phone sales pitch, you are then cleared to interview in person in Washington DC. In the phone sales pitch, they are looking to see if you have a clear understanding of their sales platform, what differentiates them from other types of advertising, the ability to ask the right types of qualifying questions, overcome objections, and close the sale.

Interview Questions

• Formal (if you can call it formal) interview gave you 3 mock sales pitch scenarios:
      Hair salon, House Cleaning Service, Frozen Yogurt shop. You role play your sales call with 2 people and make sure you have a firm understanding of the Living Social Platform...   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your most difficult sales call or an issue related to it and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Do not believe they have longevity in the market place. My last two interviews were conducted by kids in their early 20's who acted like....kids in their 20's!!!!!! I am a polished attractive account executive and I was shocked by the interview process. I guess I feel it is OK to have a friday dress down day every day, but I question the decision process within the company that decides to have 24 year old Suzy (just out of college or with no college background???) making hiring decisions for the company. I felt like I was talking to my au pair...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Wilkes Barre, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Everything you have read from other posts is accurate in regards to the first two phone interviews. I have just been scheduled for my interviews in DC. I am really looking forward to going through the rigorous process. My advice to anyone in the first or second step of the phone interview process would be to pay attention to the facts that they give you on the company. These will definitely come into play later on in other questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cold calls would it take you to obtain 5 sales pitches a week?   1 Answer