LivingSocial Consumer Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Consumer Advocate Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was honestly really easy and light. I just kept it fun. They asked the basic questions- what my past customer service experiences were, why I was interested in this job, etc. I have heard them ask some people if to tell a joke, so google some clean jokes before you go!

Interview Questions

• I think they asked me something like, what was a time I received great customer service. I had plenty of horrible customer service experiences in mind, but I couldn't think of anything positive. I think I just made something up, honestly.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Consumer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

I was contacted a day after submitting my resume. I had two very basic phone interviews. The questions were basic, mostly about my experience and goals. They did, however, discuss salary in the first interview which was odd.

After the phone interviews, I went in for an in person panel interview with a manager and about 5 employees. There was a lot of "role playing" to simulate helping customers. Otherwise, pretty basic customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you instruct someone how to make an origami "cootie catcher" with just words?   16 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation. Would, however, ask about overtime and holiday pay.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fast and great. I first had a phone screen, then I met in person on site for a one on one interview. The interviewers were friendly and got back to me right away.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were getting to know me, and my background. Tell me about your best & worst customer service experience ever.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position through the LivingSocial website and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes and asked basic questions like what I knew about LivingSocial and my background. At the end of the phone interview I was offered an in-person interview which was scheduled for a little over a week later. I was contacted by one person to confirm the email and was told to come to the office and ask for him or another employee, but I don't think I actually met either of them and was interviewed by a separate panel of 5 people. The panel members said that they were trying out a new interview format which was sort of interesting and I did a couple of role plays along with an exercise where I had to guide one of the panel members through how to make one of those origami fortune teller things.

Couple of things: the office is pretty noisy, so if you prefer to work in a quieter environment this may not be the place for you. I wasn't sure if it was because most people were just getting to work or if it is just always like that, but during my afternoon phone interview I sometimes had trouble hearing the person I was speaking with because of background noise. I think there was also music playing when I arrived for my in-person interview. Other applicants have mentioned the 'hipster' vibe and I got that too but I'm sort of hipsterish so that doesn't bother me. Lots of young people but I also fit that demographic. All of that aside I found everyone I interacted with to be very warm and friendly.

One thing that I did find sort of weird was that when I asked for the names of the people who interviewed me(for thank-you purposes) I was told that they couldn't give out email addresses and everyone gave me their first name only. I've never encountered that before but I guess I understand why they might be hesitant to give out too much info.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have "surprised and delighted" someone/describe a time when you have done something to make someone's day better.   Answer Question
    • Why LivingSocial?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within three weeks of applying. They asked me to come into their main offices in DC which are spread all over the city, so I ended going through three buildings over the course of interview. First they give you an impromptu tour of the grounds, then you interview with the head of the department that you're working in.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you want to be doing in the next couple of years
      2. Do you have any experience with customer service
      3. Are you willing to work late? (they work in shifts there so some people end up starting and ending working alot later)   Answer Question

Consumer Advocate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was a typical screening, seemed to go well with good conversation flow and good feedback. Week later i got an email saying they did not want to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult co worker or client   Answer Question