LivingSocial Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.2

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Market Strategist Interview

Interview

Overall, I thought the process was fair. I got the offer, which was nice. I think they chose me mainly on my previous background as a Market Strategist at Groupon.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Applied on their website- took a few weeks to hear back. Had 2 short phone interviews with HR and then a Skype interview with my potential managers. HR was really helpful and great to work with and the interviews were casual and not intimidating- basically just talked about my interest in the company, background, and what I could bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a current ad campaign that you think is really out of the box and effective. Why do you think so and how can LivingSocial do something out of the box in their marketing efforts.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an hour phone call with a recruiter, then coffee with the manager of the position. After these initial screenings I had an interview at the headquarters with the SVP of the department. After I passed that, I went through a "super day" which consisted of 7 or 8 half hour interviews plus a presentation. The last interview was very long and the presentation was nerve wracking but not that bad. All in all, the HR and recruiting really stood at to me as stellar and I was impressed with the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a marketing playbook for new products?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

A few phone calls, not many specific questions pertaining to the job. Mainly geared toward your experience and how you would provide value to the position. Interviewers were very nice and they had good, solid questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strengths and three weaknesses?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. They verbally offered me the job the following day. Took them five weeks to follow up with me only to renege on the offer (They just hired a new VP of Marketing and she decided to turn the senior manager role into two coordinator positions). Unfortunately, I stopped interviewing with other companies because of the verbal offer. Based on the post-interview experience and speaking with former Living Social employees, I now know it was the best thing that could have happened for me and my career.

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

I was contacted through email after filling out an online application for a initial phone screen. The process took a little over a week to schedule. The recruiter who called me for my phone screen interview might have either called me on her mobile phone because her voice sounded so muffled. I could barley understand what she was saying at times and her questions were not all that great. I am not sure if she was really prepared for the interview. She might have been sick as well because she was coughing throughout the whole interview and again she was very hard to understand over the phone in general. It wasn't her English skills, it was just her general way of speaking was very mumbled and hard to understand at times. Typical situational questions were asked and questions about your experience mainly were the focus of the interview. They might need to hire a better recruiter because she was one of the most bland recruiters I have ever dealt with.

Interview Questions

• What type of digital marketing campaigns have you worked on at your pervious or current employer?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

There are more than five stages of interview for this company and if you havent read the job title yet please read it. I interviewed with them for an Internship and they had a lady interview me over the phone and it was well over 30 minutes and then she told me she would forward this to her higher officers and if i pass through them i will have some members from the team ask me some questions and then i will meet with the HR.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions but she suddenly asked me how much will be willing to get from them as salary. normally companies do not discuss this in the first round but it was kind of unexpected   Answer Question

Strategic Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Completed the application online and received a follow-up call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. During the interview, the interviewer was negative and short with her words. My interview lasted 20 minutes. Do not choose the 1pm time slot for interviews.

Interview Questions

• All questions were STAR questions.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and their recruiter from the East Coast office contacted me. We spoke for about 30 minutes. She was flat and didn't know much about marketing. She told she would follow-up with me the week after. She never contacted me! I sent several follow-up emails and I never got a reply. A poor experience and unprofessional. Not impressed.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very quick and easy. Phone call with 1-2 recruiters, face to face or phone call with your direct manager and final phone interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate. They always offer $40,000 base but negotiate, especially if you have advertising experience and connections in the community because you will not make much in commission. You're paid based on how the promotion sells and people use Groupon rather then LivingSocial.