LivingSocial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.9

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Process was fast. First had a phone interview, followed by a in person interview and was hired a few days later. Overall the hiring process was a week, however they were trying to fill the position fast.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past history and experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was pretty simple and quick. The recruiter knew a lot about the team. Then it was all google hangout interviews with the team. Everyone was pretty laid back and working from home.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

A few phone calls, not many specific questions pertaining to the job. Mainly geared toward your experience and how you would provide value to the position. Interviewers were very nice and they had good, solid questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strengths and three weaknesses?   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. I had two meetings back to back, each with two managers. As far as interviews go I felt it was pretty reasonable. It was challenging as all interviews are, but definitely not overwhelming to too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell someone over the phone how to buckle their seatbelt?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

This was a several-hour process, whereby my 4-5 people rotated into the room and asked different questions. While many focused on my previous experience, there were also many cultural related questions which were meant to see how I would fit in within the department and company as a whole. The people were all friendly and all of the questions were pretty typical interview questions, nothing supremely unique

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with a partner/business who is disappointed or wants something different than what LivingSocial is willing or able to offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - was a "take it or leave it" offer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Much like everyone describes here, come ready for a mock pitch. It was a one-stop interview and i met with 2 managers. Wear a suit/ dress your best. It was pretty casual on their end, they couldnt answer many of my questions. Nor could they stop watching the world cup game going on behind me.

Interview Questions

• Q: are you willing to come on as an associate, and ramp up to sales exec?
      A: NO
      Answer Question

Negotiation

DO negotiate. but there is a new CEO sooo maybe dont lol

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in July 2015.

Interview

1. Recruiter contacted from answering listing on WeWorkRemotely.com
    2. Code challenge, write a small RESTful client app with specifications given. Wrote the example in Swift, had to go back and port it to ObjC for them as that's what they wanted, but didn't specify it at the time.
    3. Talk to a cross functional group of people over Google Hangouts (remote position)
    4. Pass a background check

Interview Questions

• What were some of your biggest challenges at your last job.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online with cover letter and resume. Contacted by email to set up phone call with two employees. Typical questions, focused on my skill set and how it related to their efforts on the team and where it would help develop in the future. Some questions about my personality ie. favorite movie, groups involved on campus and about me as a person. Very nice people.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took awhile. I applied for the position and was contacted almost a month later. We had a brief phone interview, where we talked mainly about the position, salary, etc. and then they set me up to come to the office a few weeks later. There, I met with 4 different hiring managers. Not too difficult of an interview process. Found out a week later if selected to move on.

Interview Questions

• Is it ever ok to bend the rules, and if so, explain a time when it is ok. Why do you want a sales position with LivingSocial? Tell me about a time when you were really successful achieving a goal, and then tell me about a time you completely failed at achieving your goals.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. They verbally offered me the job the following day. Took them five weeks to follow up with me only to renege on the offer (They just hired a new VP of Marketing and she decided to turn the senior manager role into two coordinator positions). Unfortunately, I stopped interviewing with other companies because of the verbal offer. Based on the post-interview experience and speaking with former Living Social employees, I now know it was the best thing that could have happened for me and my career.