LivingSocial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.9

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then an in person interview with 4 members of the team. Each member of the team had a half hour to ask me technical and culture questions

Interview Questions

• How would I build out data tables for their different verticals   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Interview process was one visit with two interviews. First part is a resume analyzation and second is a mock sales pitch. I also had a pre screen with an internal recruiter in DC.

Interview Questions

• Where did you rank among your peers in your last job?   1 Answer

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening. Then In-Person interview with three associates within the finance and treasury team. The office was very lively and up-beat, which I expected nothing less from a consumer tech company such as LivingSocial and the interview was straightforward asking you of your background, where you want to be in 3-5 years from now and chit-chatted about your opinions on LivingSocial's business model and future. The process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Technical competencies such as experience with particular accounting software and how strong you are with Microsoft Excel.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Process was fast. First had a phone interview, followed by a in person interview and was hired a few days later. Overall the hiring process was a week, however they were trying to fill the position fast.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past history and experience in the industry.   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was pretty simple and quick. The recruiter knew a lot about the team. Then it was all google hangout interviews with the team. Everyone was pretty laid back and working from home.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

A few phone calls, not many specific questions pertaining to the job. Mainly geared toward your experience and how you would provide value to the position. Interviewers were very nice and they had good, solid questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strengths and three weaknesses?   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. I had two meetings back to back, each with two managers. As far as interviews go I felt it was pretty reasonable. It was challenging as all interviews are, but definitely not overwhelming to too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell someone over the phone how to buckle their seatbelt?   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC).

Interview

This was a several-hour process, whereby my 4-5 people rotated into the room and asked different questions. While many focused on my previous experience, there were also many cultural related questions which were meant to see how I would fit in within the department and company as a whole. The people were all friendly and all of the questions were pretty typical interview questions, nothing supremely unique

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with a partner/business who is disappointed or wants something different than what LivingSocial is willing or able to offer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - was a "take it or leave it" offer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Much like everyone describes here, come ready for a mock pitch. It was a one-stop interview and i met with 2 managers. Wear a suit/ dress your best. It was pretty casual on their end, they couldnt answer many of my questions. Nor could they stop watching the world cup game going on behind me.

Interview Questions

• Q: are you willing to come on as an associate, and ramp up to sales exec?
      A: NO   Answer Question

Negotiation

DO negotiate. but there is a new CEO sooo maybe dont lol

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in July 2015.

Interview

1. Recruiter contacted from answering listing on WeWorkRemotely.com
    2. Code challenge, write a small RESTful client app with specifications given. Wrote the example in Swift, had to go back and port it to ObjC for them as that's what they wanted, but didn't specify it at the time.
    3. Talk to a cross functional group of people over Google Hangouts (remote position)
    4. Pass a background check

Interview Questions

• What were some of your biggest challenges at your last job.   1 Answer