LivingSocial Account Exec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Account Exec Interview Questions

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview

First I had several phone interviews with a very positive , encouraging young lady. I passed that stage, than was asked to come to Washington DC. I stayed over night as my interview frist interview was 8:20am the following morning.
    First impression was that the people that worked there were very young 20's to mid 20's... Since I could be their Mother, I felt out of place.
    My first interview was with a nice young girl that was more interested in my personal affairs than in my job experience, which I have over 15 years sales experience selling advertising online to local businesses.With my high success rate. I previously had been a very sucessful business owner as well, so I knew that I was perfect for this position....However, the second interview was to be a mock sales pitch. It was with two young men that seemed to have no interest in my mock sales pitch, infact did not ask me any questions.. I think they dissmissed me from the min. I walked through the doors, I was dressed professionally but I'm sure it was my age that was the deciding factor.. Let's be clear, I look good for my age 40's, I don't smoke or drink., and without sounding conceited, am told that I am pretty.
    I was not asked back for the third interview, so I was pretty sure they had no interest in me...I left feeling bad about the entire process, a waste of my time, afterall, they knew from my resume, that I was not in my 20's from the years of experience I possess as a seasoned sales professional.

Why waste my time!!!!

Interview Questions

• in person Interview #1
       She never asked, so I told the interviewer , why I felt that I would be the perfect fit for this position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview

Three stage interview combined with travel to DC.....Exhausting.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview

Be prepared to be snap judged. The first part of the interview process was very positive but when I got to DC my perception changed slightly. I was only asked one question in total about myself "Tell me about yourself...". I then moved onto a sales presentation that I was easily able to close but I was still not asked back for the 3rd round of the process. They tell you in a welcome email that if you are or are not asked back for the 3rd round that it is not a indicator of how things went but when I was told they would not need me to stay it was pretty aparent that I did not get the job. What is frustrating to me is that I put togethr a 60 day plan as asked but was never asked about it, I researched the company but was never asked why I wanted to be apart of it. They never asked me a single question about my sales background or how I would plan my day. The interview was actually the easiest interview I have ever had since entering sales maybe if I had made the cut of what it is that they are looking it may have been harder.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2011.

Interview

Awful. Do Not Interview. They will steal your leads during the interview, not offer you the job, then use those leads.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview

I have read every single post regarding the interview proces more than once since my interview process began about 3 weeks ago. Everyone's recollection is on target- 1 phone interview with basic questions, if they have interest they will email you to schedule a 2nd phone interview which consists of a few more quesrions and an on the spot role play. Sould you pass this evaluation, they advise if they want to take it further, the next step would be for them to fly you to DC for in person interviews. I was told to keep an eye on my email for the next few days. I actually received the email by the end of the day inviting me to come to the next stage of the interview process.
    I made my arrangements as per details in the email, was also emailed scenario of what to expect. There were to be 2 in person interviews, 1st with a recruiter who asked all typical questions, 2nd with team of 2 where the role play (which I was given details of before I arrived) was done. A few minutes after that, while waiting in the reception area, I was asked to come back later in the afternoon for an additional interview. I did, and that was with another 2 employees/managers. More typical questions- but probing for qualities that would deem you as a good candidate
    That was it. Was told it would be 1-2 weeks to hear back. 48 hours after I left DC I received a call and was offered the postion- which I excitedly accepted.

This was a challenging process- not for an amateur. Livingsocial is only interested in an experienced salesperson who fits their mold. I'm not referring to age specifically- but experience, attitude, confidence, personality.

My former experience speaks for itself, but I also went in fully prepared, knowing all I could possibly know about the company and their sales process. I would receommend doing your homework thoroughly.

Most of the negative posts are made by the people whom were not offered the position. Sadly for them, they were either not prepared for the interview, did not have the right experience, or did not make a great impression.

Had I not been offered this position, I would have been disappointed, but my review still would have been a very positibe one ( although I would have not had a clue what I did wrong).

My advice is to read all of these reivews and take away the basic information of what to expect. The rest is up to you.

Interview Questions

• How many cold calls do you think you would need to make in order to secure 20 sales per month?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview

It was just like all of the posts have said. Two 1- hour phone interviews, the second being the mock pitch. Then the email invite to DC. All travel and hotel paid for by LS. Great hotel! Interviewed the next morning. interview 1 was the one on one, # 2 was with two people, and was the mock pitch, and then #3 was, unlike the other posts, was only with 2 people. This was kind of like American Idol, but for Sales! All of this happened on a Wednesday. I sent my "thank you" notes and on Monday, I sent an email to my contact there. Two hours later I received my "Thanks for playing" note telling me that they were going in a different direction.
    It was an exciting interview process, but don't lose your job trying to get this one. One additional note, the driver on the way back to the airport told one of my fellow interviewees, "You got it, congratulations!" but it turned out that he didn't.
    I would do it all again, though! It was quite an experience!

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you?   1 Answer
    • Don't underestimate the value of the good ole fashion interview questions.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews twice 1st was get to know you 2nd role play and present Living Social pitch.
    After the role play I was flown out to D.C. for in person interviews. 1st was talk about your self 2nd was a role play/pitch. If you did well on the 1st two interviews you were invited back for a 3rd which I was.
    The 3 rd interview was more difficult. This job is about numbers you need to produce a minimum of 20 deals per month. So you need to know your math and how to get the your 20 deals
    This is a very young company and it shows. If you are over 50 probably not going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you vet a business for Living Social?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in May 2011.

Interview

it was just like everyone said on this site. I had to prepare for a sales presentation. they give you 3 different business and scenarios. I had to role play

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial in April 2011.

Interview

I went through the LivingSocial process in February. Three phone interviews, a trip to Washington, three in-person interviews. No offer.

Fast forward to April 18th. I received an e-mail from a recruiter at Jobvite for a "new" position at LivingSocial. Being curious in nature, I replied and had a confirmed 45 minute phone interview appointment for today at 12:00 as this time frame worked best for the Jobvite recruiter. PS...I received 7 e-mails from her within 5 minutes. The exact same e-mail. 7 times.

She never called, nor did she respond to my e-mail inquiry as to what happened to the interview that was scheduled.

Perplexed, I e-mailed the contact I had at LivingSocial questioning the validity of this, asking if she had any input as to what happened.
    No response.

I just got an e-mail from the girl at Jobvite: "I am unable to move forward with you"
    I asked her why.
    No response.

Clearly, an error was made on their part. In my opinion, while these young girls may be great employees, they lack crucial experience in taking ownership of a mistake. This skill cannot be taught. It's highly unprofessional to re-contact someone who has already been through the process and not offered the job without offering some sort of explanation and or apology for the error.
    A total lack of social skills.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial in April 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, got email next day to set up phone interview. Interviewed with recruiter, went through resume, overview of the company and benefits. I was offered $40K base plus com. Never heard back from them.