LivingSocial Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at LivingSocial

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through 4 Interviews. First was a phone screen with a recruiter from home office. Pretty standard questions, nothing too difficult. Then I had to prepare for a role play interview with the same recruiter. Also very standard stuff and the recruiter gave me great feedback. If you move on you are sent to home office in DC for a round robin style interview. Here you will do a role play for 3 different managers. The next step is to speak with someone not in the sales department. Personally, I think this is a waste of time but is easy and is the last step.

Interview Questions

• They rely heavily on the role play scenarios. Be prepared and think outside the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer a very competitive comp plan, but the culture of the .com world, your comp plan you have when you start will change multiple times over the course of your time there.

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LivingSocial.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, had 3 phone interviews and was invited to the "super session" interview hitch consists of 2 face to face interview in the morning. If you make it thru the morning session, they will invite you to stay for the afternoon session. Typically, staying thru the afternoon mans you've pretty much got the job.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to "role play" - selling to a business owner   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in January 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews and a face to face interview in DC.
    First cal with a recruiter, going over basic job experience.
    Next 2 were role plays with someone within LivingSocial. Make sure you know a lot about the company and factor in ROI.

Negotiation

Didn't counter.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews prior to being invited to DC to interview in person. You have a series of three interviews while there. The first is like any other interview. The second is a role play interview in which you attempt to sign them up. And, the third is to test your technological skills. Very easy, just has you perform tasks on an iPad.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted 2 days after submitting my resume. I had a basic phone interview with HR, who told me more about the company than asking me questions. The questions were basic, mostly about my experience and why I wanted the position, but HR was a little stumped by the questions I asked them. They did, however, discuss salary + benefits in the first interview which was a little odd since they were not yet offering me a position.

After the phone interview, I went in for an in-person interview a week later with a couple of managers which felt more like a meeting and a scope-out than an interview. I then returned the following week to meet again with the managers and had to do a mock pitch of selling the brand to a merchant. Went back again for one more "meeting" and am waiting on offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected- but be prepared for a mock sales pitch, which they seem to do with every candidate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, They offered a very competitive package.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in February 2012.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. I hear it is now changing to more phone based/ skype based. Mine began with 3 phone interviews across a month. Then I was flown to DC for a "super session" interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite LS value and how have you embodied it in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

It was definitely a "process"! I had about 3 phone interviews with my recruiter followed by my local GM. They invited me up to Washington for "Super Session" interviews. I woke up at 4am to catch my flight and my interview was not till 3:20 but they don't tell you the time prior to booking the flight. The office was really cool and everyone was real nice. There were so many other applicants there! I didn't leave to eat anything so I stayed the whole day. The first interview was with Managment and there were 3 of them. I was myself and that really made things easier. This is NOT your typical office or interviews! I had limited research that was given to me but I studied it very well. Second interview was a mock pitch. They asked me to pick and when I did they chose another one so don't get comfortable with just one. I closed him and he mentioned he had never been closed before. I read on here that if you go to the 3rd interview then it's a good sign. I waited what seemed like an eternity and was called in for the 3rd! I was really excited! I interviewed on a Friday and was offered the position the following Tuesday! I leave to DC for a weeks worth of training in August! My advice: Be yourself! If your anything like me and have a strong passion for sales then you'll do great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. The pay and structure was exactly how it had been explained to me from my recruiter. Actually the monthly quota went down from what I expected! I'm really pleased with how everything turned out!

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Birmingham, AL) in April 2010.

Interview

You have multiple phone calls with the recruiters. Then an interview with the regional sales director..then you fly up to DC to interview during a Super Session. Then, you have a series of 3 interviews with a panel to present a mock appointment and the decision is made and you are phoned within a few weeks of their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Base is set on cost of living in city. Great base but the best is compensation

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Tulsa, OK) in April 2010.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews followed by a trip to D.C. For 3 interviews with a panel.

Negotiation

Na

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Orlando, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was not your usual process. I read a lot of reviews on here before doing the actual interview and they scared me. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU LIVINGSOCIAL KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND IT IS AN OUTSTANDING COMPANY TO WORK FOR!! I say that because a lot of the interview reviews will scare you...but they are mostly from people who do not work for the company. I am an outside sales rep and have been with the company for over a year now!
    The interview process consisted of a few phone calls and phone pitches (to make sure you knew how to sell) and if you passed them, they flew you out to DC to be interviewed by key people in the DC offices. Everything was smooth and had a schedule...and you met with a few people in different areas of the company (programming, management, production etc.) If you made it to the next step...you gave a mock pitch. It was a little nerve wracking because it is in front of 2 people...but its sales 101. It was a no brainer and I what I knew how to do! The interview wrapped up with some other "panelists" just asking questions about what we think a good business to LS is. They wanted to hear from us and make sure we had the same vision...and I liked that! I went home feeling great (and knowing nothing) and was contacted about a week later and made an offer! As I mentioned I have been with the company for over a year now and have traveled to DC, Atlanta, Hawaii and more!!!! The interview process may not make sense to you...but it works! Just be yourself and do what you know!!! And DO NOT be scared by any negative reviews. Take it from me...someone who is still with the company and LOVES working for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What kinds of businesses would you like to see on LS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not too much to negotiate. The salary is what it is and it is up to us how much commission we make each month! It is a HUGE plus that this is a sales job with a Salary PLUS commission though!!!