LivingSocial Marketing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Marketing Specialist Interview Questions

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivingSocial in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. They did have me do a mock sales call. It took place with two managers going back and forth with questions and then finally doing a mock sales call.

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

I was an Employee Referral so I'm assuming my application went to the top of the heap.
    I had 2 phone interviews, 1 onsite interview, and 1 1:1 sales pitch

1st Phone interview (10 mins) this was the typical resume run down; the interviewer was just qualifying me (credentials, speaking ability), I read my resume verbatim I don't think the interviewee was paying much attention. I was engaging and personable that's pretty much key in phone sales anyway.

2nd Phone interview (10 mins) this was the typical personality interview, likes/dislikes from my previous positions, why I want to work for LivingSocial. Take the opportunity to ask every question, comment, concern you have, if this is a career path move make sure ALL of your goals are aligned.

Onsite interview [if you make it through the phone interviews, you will be flown to Washington, DC for a face to face interview. I suggest you request to be flown in the night before - you'll be more refreshed, get a good night sleep, eat breakfast and be 5 mins early] The face to face interview isn't terrible if you get along with people. Bring 4 copies of your resume, the interviewers will have a copy but you can never be too prepared, review your resume as it is a conversation, talk about what you did, what you liked, and why you've moved on, smile talk like a human.

Sales Pitch [If the interviews ask you to hang around, you will be back for a sales pitch, if you nail this you've got the job] Refer to SPIN selling and you are golden. You'll probably pitch a product/service or the classic mindless almost insulting "sell me this marker" pitch. What you're selling isn't as important as how you are selling it. LivingSocial is a sales organization if you're not selling you might as well grab a snapple and a bag of pretzels and HIT THE BRICKS!

The DC office Pros: cool looking, snacks, beverages Cons: NO personal space, everyone is on top of each other - kind of like a colorful US version of an overseas call center

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for LivingSocial?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is NO room to negotiate your Base is $45k and your quota/commission will go up and DOWN every other month you are there