LivingSocial Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LivingSocial Sales Interview Questions

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial in January 2015.

Interview

Extremely drawn out and also not really sure what they are looking for in the position. After meeting 4 people with an extreme sense of urgency- you are left waiting. However what makes the entire process extremely silly is the fact they hired for a position which basically eliminated the position that I was applying for. However the position they hired, is still posted on line on job sites and also the position that i applied for is on job sites.Here is their quote "They have a lot of moving pieces in their puzzle"- not quite what that means, but honestly the process can be a lot cleaner and not waste that many people's time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for LivingSocial

Sales Interview

Interview

They just chanced the process so not sure. I interviewed 9 times. I had to sit for every one on the executive team. Each person had different questions and agendas. Just be prepared and be your self.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

very thorough, series of phone interviews then invite to HQ, met with 5 people in three interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate salary but commission plan keeps getting better and better

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Savannah, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Pretty interesting interview process. Matched up to what I read here on Glass Door. 2 different interviews-both Ladies very pleasant and Professional. First interview is about your current status and past experience.
    Also, very detailed about what job consists and answers almost any questions you might have. I was told LivingSocial would make up their mind very quickly and they did. Next step was again set up for phone interview by notice in my email. This time, role playing and a few questions. Asked me how I would sell to a nail salon and to role play that out with the pretend owner. I could have done a better job preparing and wish I had since I did not get the offer. I'm a bit older than any of their sales force ( at least in all their pics ) but I felt welcomed and very much liked my contacts. Best of luck!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

they emailed me for an interview and i gave them a time. We spoke and was moved onto to 2nd interview which is scheduled for end of the week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

All positive interactions and follow up throughout interview process. Accepted interview invitation in Wash DC. I was offered a flight or the option of driving to the interview. Here we are, 4 months later, and they have never reimbursed me for travel expenses as promised.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions- thanks to this site!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LivingSocial (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I wish I could say this was a professional process, but since they contact you and then never get back to responses I can't label it as such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Baltimore, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Let me say that I completed the interview process in DC yesterday and have not recieved a decision as yet.
    I applied for the sales position in Baltimore. Before I had my first interview, I read every post on this site to help prepare for the interview. It was a big help knowing what to expect. Maybe my post will help the next person. I live in baltimore so I didn't have the hassle of airtravel (no plane-no pain). I arrived at the DC office a few minutes early. I was one of about a dozen candidates that were from all around this country. I was greeted promptly by Rachel who was very friendly and professional. She immediatley put me at ease and said that I would be interviewed twice, one right after another. The first interview went well. It was short and there was a timer in use to keep everybody on time. Some previous posts remarked that the timers were a distraction and seemed to rush everything. My take on is simply this, it really doesn't take a long time for someone to get the idea that you will be a good candidate or not. This isn't rocket science. The timers keep them on track. Anyway, first interview was easy. If you didn't get past that you had no business being there in the first place. The second interview took place about 5 minutes after the first one ended. This was the presentation interview. All the candidates were given three types of business to prepare for. They chose the business for you to present. Mine was a Yoga studio. No problem. If you did just basic preperation you should be ok. The timer was set and off I went. I got about 3 minutes into the introduction when the objections started coming. Why Livingsocial, we get 10 calls a day from "deal of the day" companies,what is the cost, how can I make money on that deal, what is the difference between you and Groupons. So be prepared for the objections(I was). The idea is to throw you off the track. Again, if you prepared for this, you should have no problem. The interview ended with an imaginary appt being set for the next week to come back and complete the sale (actually, the timer went off). I felt pretty good about that interview. Didn't come close to a full presentation but really, who could present this product completely and get to the close in twenty minutes. Ok, thanked the interviewers and went outside to the waiting area. Rachel came over and took me aside to ask me to come back in the afternoon. She also handed me a sheet that she had put together with some things I may find interesting around the neighborhood to help past the time. I had to kill about 4 hours. No problem. After all they were handling a large number of candidates and they had to get thru the first two rounds to thin the field out. And they did. I know there has been some question as to whether or not the third interview was a good thing. Its a good thing. So I walked around DC a while. Came back 1:30 for the 2:00 pm interview. I was asked to have my picture taken which was fine. Into the third interview I went. We covered the resume and then they went into the question and answer phase. Some examples, Why would LivingSocial want you to sell for them, what companies would NOT be a good fit(you need toknow this), tell me about some specific businesses in your town that would be a good fit for LivingSocial(you need tp know this too!) What type of business would be a good fit and why, why do you want to work here, I'm own a dinner theatre, sell me, No real hardballs thrown here. DO YOU HOMEWORK! you will be ok. Third lasted about twenty minutes (yes, there was a timer) and forgot to mention that there were three interviewers in the third interviewers. I felt pretty good with the third and I am hoping for the offer. I was thanked for spending the day with them was told thet they would be in touch within seven to ten days and sometimes sooner the better. That sounded good. Its now about 8:30 am, Thursday, April 14th and no call yet. But I have hope.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult question here but if you are not ready for it your mind may go blank. Name several businesses you think would be a good fit.   1 Answer
    • What type of business would not be a good fit? Know this.   1 Answer
    • Not a question but a comment. You really need to emphasize the value of the social network. That customers are going to tell all their friends in there network how wonderful you restaurant, yoga studio, spa, theatre is.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LivingSocial (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

I was originally contacted by a recruiter about a week after I submitted my application. She was very friendly and during the first phone call, asked really relevant questions pertaining to my background and experience then followed with a description of the interview process and comp package. The interview process seemed extremely tedious and time consuming and the comp was way low than what I needed - $30K base - REALLY? Straight out of college that would be so-so, but for someone with experience - not so much, but gave it a go anyways.

The next few calls were centered around the prep of a mock pitch and prep for interview. All were fine.

Got to DC and like all of the other posts, it was a crazy day. LOTS of candidates and yes - 2 interviews followed by a third. First one was with a girl who had to have been 18 at best and didn't ask too many relevant questions. Next was the pitch with two other Livingsocial people...got a merchant, acted as an AE and nailed it - even they're objections. Guess, i did good because I got invited to the mysterious third. Here, it was just more scenario and situational questions...again pretty easy.

I did get the offer but there was no budging with the $30K. I at least need $45 to feel comfortable financially and I would be working in a small city with another ae already in place. The goals are not realistic. Plus, the commissions and bonuses don't appear realistic either. Overall, not a good feeling and declined.

Interview Questions

Money was too low and the goals could not be reached and bonus/commish not enough.

Sales Interview

Interview

First you submit online if you know someone ask them to recommend you (even if you dont they will for the money they get) then call with HR if they like you get an email for a face to face where you go in wait about an hour or two interview with a bunch of people make a mock call and so on

Interview Questions

• Why should you get this job over jane/joe outside sitting down   Answer Question