Liz Claiborne Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liz Claiborne Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Walked into store, asked manager if they were hiring, was handed a paper application which I brought back the next day. (It covered my educational experience, job experience, 3 references, and contact information. Very sparse.) Got a call 2 days later saying I was hired and given a starting salary, which I accepted.

Pattern Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (North Bergen, NJ).

Interview

3 day trial with pay, to start with fitting and correction of pattern, process modified pattern and test out the correction through entire flow, which including cutting a new garment in actual goods with corrected pattern, re-fit to see the result.

Negotiation

offer was satisfied, no negotiation needed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne in April 2009.

Interview

This was a simple interview. It last a couple of hours one day. I came in met with HR then met with my hiring manager and their VP.

Interview Questions

• How did I improve a process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated them paying for my cobra. That was about it. I tried for more money but they declined.

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store manager, who then passed me along to the assistant manager for approval. This was confusing, especially when the assistant manager hugged me at the end of the interview and told me she just loved me so much, and they would call me within the week to let me know if I had the job.

Interview Questions

• This job requires varying work hours and we might ask you to stay longer than your original scheduled shift... are you married? Have kids?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly higher starting wage given my past retail management experience, as well as could delay my start date until after my vacation (which I was on when they called to offer the job).

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back a week later. I interviewed in person with the Regional Manager. The interview lasted a little over an 1hr. Mainly asked questions about business. Kep performance indicators, etc. You have to explain how you would drive business. The Regional asked questions about customer loyalty, and brand awarness.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive business?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt have to negotiate. The offer they gave me was more than expected.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (Bluffton, SC) in August 2010.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in retail?   1 Answer
    • What is your level of education.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

At first the company seemed great, and I was so excited about my interview. As the process continued the staffing department continued to flake out on me. I kept being told a decision hasn't been made, their loss by the time they offered me the position I accepted a different one.

Interview Questions

They took forever to get back to me, and by the time they did I was so turned off by the organization I accepted a position with a competitor.

Applications Designer Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (North Bergen, NJ) in February 2008.

Interview

telephone screening followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did a clumsy job negotiating. Hence had to move to different company to get a bump.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interviews with 5 different people - HR to start then division VP and peers. Got a good vibe from all.Very positive feedback about their experience. A lot of role playing and asked specific questions about relationships with accounts - people titles.Asked alot about management style and how I got results from my team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty cut and dry. The offer was fair.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liz Claiborne (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview with District/Store Manager