Lloyd's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lloyd's Interview Questions

Interviews at Lloyd's

3.2

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to the main scheme, was told this was oversubscribed and completely filled so siphoned to the IT Scheme. (This i later learned was false)
    Various remote test both competency and a quick sanity check phone call.
    through to group assessment day.
    assessment day made up of a group activity an interview with HR and an Interview with IT

Interview Questions

• Group task was to work together to propose solutions to 5 business problems. Judged or ability to speak up and work as part of a team.   Answer Question
    • Personality Questions from HR   Answer Question
    • Variety of technical Questions from IT. Check for logical thinking.   Answer Question
    • How many ping pong balls would fit in the London Eye   Answer Question
    • One situation in your personal life where you made a financial decision.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyd's in December 2015.

Interview

The strength questions are asked in a different way to the competency based ones (you don't get any 'Tell me about a time when...') so you can't rehearse answers. There is nobody to interact with- it just records you answering the questions. They emphasise to keep eye contact with the camera throughout.

You have 30 seconds to think about the question before they start recording you and then 90 seconds whilst the question stays on the screen for the whole 90 seconds. You can finish the recording at any time and get as long as you like to rest between each question.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure that you fit in within a new team and why do you think that this is important?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's.

Interview

Applied for the Finance Graduate Scheme in October. I received several emails informing me of the fact that they have been inundated with applications. I then at the beggining of March received a call from a lady who said that I should apply for the IT graduate scheme.

The hiring process was lengthy:

-Webcam interview
    -SHL tests consisting of Numerical, Verbal and Patten
    -Assessment center consisting of:
    1) an interview (most of the questions where tell me about a time where.......)
    2) a group exercise (read 5 sheets of paper regarding a business in 15 minutes and work as a team to discuss a solution)
    The man who was assessing me was very rude, kept yawning throughout, which was incredibly off putting.
    3)a SHL literacy test for 1 hour

The reason why I didn't get the job was because I didn't contribute enough to the group exercise. She was nice though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a change?   Answer Question

Grad Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 4/5 stages to the process, including sending off your CV, tests, video interview and then the assessment centre. The video interview was done through HireVue which I felt was very challenging and actually made me more nervous as I couldn't really get any vibe of the interviewer. I definitely had to revise for the interview and have a couple of examples ready in my head. I tried not to make me answers too elaborate but just relate it simply to the question they actually asked me, even if it was just a simple answer.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time that you had to implement someone else's point of view in the work place?   1 Answer

, Underwriters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online, do psychometric test, get invited for online interview, i wasn’t particularly used to doing interviews especially online video interviews. But it wasn’t that bad. Just be prepared and confident to answer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you showed leadership

Describe a time you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Interview

Two rounds of Telephone interviews. The first was an informal conversation about the interview process, the role and the requirements. The second interview was more focused on my personal experiences, and then some situational type questions to see how I would prioritise workload.

Interview Questions

• Experience-based interviews, focusing on how I would approach different roles in the organisation   Answer Question

Work Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyd's (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Sent email to hr. cv and cover letter reviewed and then was invited for interviews. 2 interviews, one with the head of the department and on with the manager of the team I was working with. Interview was relaxed and was about getting to know me.