Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lloyds Banking Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Online application
    2) Online tests
    3) Feedback of tests
    4) Video interview (5 days to complete)
    9 questions, 90 seconds each, 30 seconds preparation, Strengths-based, 1 practice question, some competency, hard to answer strengths-based without usual format

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was seamless from start to finish. First round was a one on one interview through campus recruitment - completely behavioral. A few days later I found out I got the super day, which consisted of 3 rounds of interviews (first 2 rounds were 1 on 1 interviews, the last was a 2 on 1). Mostly behavioral, but you absolutely MUST be able to discuss the bond/equity markets and show you have a strong understanding of what's happening in the news/how current events affect the economy.

Interview Questions

• What are some market trends you foresee in the next year? Do you think the Fed will raise interest rates next month?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group in February 2016.

Interview

First round was entirely behavioral, lasted an hour long and was conversation-like. Second round was two rounds of interviews, each with two managers. The questions were mostly behavioral but some were technical.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Well there was a posting on my schools website about a "women in banking" I applied to that. I had a phone screening asking me about myself and why I was interested in finance. After the event itself, I had two more phone interviews that went well. Then I was invited to their superday at their office in NY and I got the offer the next day!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   2 Answers
    • Tell me more about *a particular experience*   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals   2 Answers
    • What are you looking to get out of this internship   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Attended on-campus recruitment, then invited for 2 hours of office interviews, 30 mins each. Average Interview based on cultural fitness. You can most likely tell if you fit into the work environment by the end of the interview day. As pointed out by one of the interviewers, it's a bureaucratic environment.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

You interview with HR first, followed by a phone interview, followed by in person interviews and a final interview with the MD of the respective group.
    A lot of candidates will be invited in to interview even though it is clear they will not get the job. Managers will usually recommend friends or acquaintances for jobs and know who they want to hire before the process even begins but they still go through the HR process so they can not be accused of nepotism.
    If you are interviewing for a position below Vice President, be ready to speak to the financial statements and how they work together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Managing Director has final say in the ultimate outcome, but the hiring manager is key and should lobby on your behalf. If you can't enlist the hiring manager, there will be no negotiation.

Spring Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a round of interviews at their office near Bryant Park. Over 3 hours met with 6 managers from various departments at Lloyds, half an hour each. All the interviews were resume cum behavioral interviews.

There were about 50 applicants applying for 6 positions. Very competitive and they are just looking for a reason to send you packing.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I meet with the CFO and the Managing director on the first day. We all got along really well and I got positive feedback form the recruiter. The next day I met with what would be my dorect report. Even the recruirter warned me that she had no personality but I was still taken aback. She was diconnected and distant.

THis was a bacward interviw. Usually the potential direct hire is the easy interview and the higher ups are more hardass.

Interview Questions

• Why dont you have your CPA?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group.

Interview

Telephone interview after applying online , the start of the interview was questions about the bank such as ' why lloyds?' ' what do you know about us' sort of style. Then, the majority of the interview was competency based questions such as 'give an example of a time you have gone the extra mile for someone' ect . Then a 10 minute role-play at the end

Interview Questions

• give an example of a time you have gone the extra mile for someone   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lloyds Banking Group (Wolverhampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, got sent an online test which I solved. Thought it was quite difficult since there wasn't enough time on the numerical part. But I passed and got called in for an interview. Interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. Consisted of 3 parts. A numerical individual case study, competency based questions and values.

Interview Questions

• Why credit risk??
      Questions around my dissertation in credit scoring?
      My preferred statistical software?   Answer Question