Loblaw Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loblaw Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very straight forward. They call me for the interview i went and we had an 1:1 interview. it was very easy, the just asked simple questions. it only took about 45 minutes to complete the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult costumer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied at a Job Agency who was holding a job fair for my local Loblaws. I saw a Job Counselor and she prepped me for the interview. When I went in for the interview with HR, she had all the questions on a package in front of her. After the interview, she told me to apply online, and do the questionnaire.
    Two weeks later, I got a call to bring in two pieces of ID for a background check. After that went through, I got another call for when my orientation is going to be.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to try a PC product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call 4 days after. She interviewed me on the phone, asking about my availability, if I can meet the requirements, etc. She then called me in for a 1:1 interview 4 days after the call. The hiring manager was holding a paper which had all of the questions on it. The questions were really easy and the woman was friendly. After all the questions were asked, she told me what they did there and asked me to sign some papers. I got hired on the spot and was asked to go to a orientation this Sunday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job. What roles did you perform?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer, and what did you do to solve the customer's problem?   Answer Question
    • At Loblaws, we are all about safety (or something along those lines). Tell me a time when something dangerous happen(ed) and what did you do to help?   Answer Question
    • Why Loblaws?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and received a call around a few days later. Went in for the interview with hiring manager then had a secondary interview with the store manager. I was offered a job by the store manager and had training shortly after.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview at The Real Canadian Superstore. The interview was short and friendly and lasted only 5 minutes. I was asked to provide a blank cheque the next day.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw.

Interview

Applied online after doing a quiz and received an email a week later. Met 1 on 1 with the recruiter and had an easy interview where they discussed the duties, training, wages, union, the store, etc. Very straight forward with few questions asked besides availability and the date for the orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me back the next day asking me to choose a time for the interview. I went to the interview and it was a very quick process with simple questions and I was hired on the spot. There was also a separate orientation session before starting.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview week after. Was called to come in store after 2 days for in person interview. Interview was very simple and easy. Interviewer was very nice. She said she will give me the chance and will call after background check but its been 2 weeks and have nt heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when u left a long lasting positive experience on a customer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

i walked up to the customer service counter, said i would like to apply for a job, i was asked if i knew any employees and i said yes, they brought me directly to back office, i filled out paper application, as well as my paper resume, i was then told they will do my reference and credit check, if they are good i should expect to receive a phone call my application was accepted, reference checks completed i was offered a position, had four days training, staff was decent except for one or two ppl, i was given a shift, shirt, name tag,apron, started work.

Interview Questions

• have i worked with cash? what hours can i work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loblaw (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a good interview, lots of friendly questions and even gave me a chocolate bar. I think the interviewer just wanted to make me feel comfortable and we talked in a very informal way for most of the time. I would say that it was probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with adversity in the past?   1 Answer