Loblaw Companies Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

1.7

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was easy going, hiring manager was very friendly. I was given paperwork and was told that I would hear back from them in a week after the background check was completed. So far, its been 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Loblaws?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Loblaw Companies

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Barrie, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The manager came out (ran a little late) however was very nice. We had some general work place type questions and some I am not usually asked. After speaking with the manager she offered me the job on the spot if my background check came back clear and had me sign paperwork. I agreed because I knew my information would come back fine and figured I had the job based on what was said. With that said days later after dodging my calls she called back to say she decided to go with someone else even after offering me the job based on my experience and interview. I know my check came back clear. This is why I am putting this rating on here as the expectation was set. Says a lot about the company as a whole. It also conflicted me as a consumer the bad experience has not made me want to go back. Employers do not seem to understand its hard to find a job these days so when expectations are set they are taken seriously. It costs time and money to go to these interviews. They want us to take them seriously (which I do) but they do not seem to this interview was a huge eye opening experience for me as I am sure its not the only employer to run human resources and hiring these days.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about what I like to do in my spare time.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my experience.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very straight forward. They call me for the interview i went and we had an 1:1 interview. it was very easy, the just asked simple questions. it only took about 45 minutes to complete the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult costumer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied at a Job Agency who was holding a job fair for my local Loblaws. I saw a Job Counselor and she prepped me for the interview. When I went in for the interview with HR, she had all the questions on a package in front of her. After the interview, she told me to apply online, and do the questionnaire.
    Two weeks later, I got a call to bring in two pieces of ID for a background check. After that went through, I got another call for when my orientation is going to be.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a customer to try a PC product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call 4 days after. She interviewed me on the phone, asking about my availability, if I can meet the requirements, etc. She then called me in for a 1:1 interview 4 days after the call. The hiring manager was holding a paper which had all of the questions on it. The questions were really easy and the woman was friendly. After all the questions were asked, she told me what they did there and asked me to sign some papers. I got hired on the spot and was asked to go to a orientation this Sunday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job. What roles did you perform?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer, and what did you do to solve the customer's problem?   Answer Question
    • At Loblaws, we are all about safety (or something along those lines). Tell me a time when something dangerous happen(ed) and what did you do to help?   Answer Question
    • Why Loblaws?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and received a call around a few days later. Went in for the interview with hiring manager then had a secondary interview with the store manager. I was offered a job by the store manager and had training shortly after.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Applied online after doing a quiz and received an email a week later. Met 1 on 1 with the recruiter and had an easy interview where they discussed the duties, training, wages, union, the store, etc. Very straight forward with few questions asked besides availability and the date for the orientation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview at The Real Canadian Superstore. The interview was short and friendly and lasted only 5 minutes. I was asked to provide a blank cheque the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they emailed me back the next day asking me to choose a time for the interview. I went to the interview and it was a very quick process with simple questions and I was hired on the spot. There was also a separate orientation session before starting.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince George, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies (Prince George, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Missed a call that there was going to be an interview at my towns Superstore after applying there, so i called the number back that they had offered in the voice mail. Once i got to customer service, i asked about the interview and was handed to a very rude manager who proceeded to tell me he had no idea what i was talking about and hung up on me.