Loblaw Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loblaw Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to come in for an interview a week later, went in for the interview. It didnt last very long because the manager said she knew she wanted to hire me in the first few seconds. Said the background check will take a week. A week later I got hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Very easy process - go in the store, fill in an application, attach my resume. I think it helped to know one of the cashiers in order to get the interview.

The interview was simple - pretty much asked about when I could work, what hours I was looking for, and the manager wanted a reference to call.

Horticulturist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

first you have to belong to a horticultural society, and have many years experience and knowledge of plants, limited positions two month contract yearly,
    two hour orientation, health and safety and whimis certified

Interview Questions

• qualifications speak for themselves in this position   1 Answer

Interview

it was simply just behavioural... but there is 2 ppl they keep asking u questions. after i asked them questions about the job,. the job isnt that great. it is very regular days and u always do the same thing. from there they just sent me a job offer. very efficiant p

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

Handed in application in-store, got called a few days later for an interview. Was asked "what do you think makes a good cashier?" Then very general questions about previous work history, and asked about availability. Then had to fill out a very long survey. A few days later, got a call to come in for training.

Interview Questions

• There really was only one question "what do you think makes a good cashier?"   Answer Question

Cashier Loblaws Interview

Interview

Emailed me to fill out a question-are replied within minutes to come in for an interview

Part Time Position-unspecified Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

The interviews were conducted all together, so you lined up with your "competition" until you were called. You were able to sit in a room with the interviews being conducted, so you could hear the questions being asked. Questions were specifically about experience in the retail industry and how to deal with an irate/unsatisfied customer. They also want to know why you want to work there. At the end of the interview, they may send you home with an online personality questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• For a part-time position, I found it difficult to specify what I wanted to work there. While I didn't use it, I'm pretty sure the truth of "because I am a student who needs a job" isn't really the right answer.

I also found the questionnaire a little bit vague, but they don't want "wishy-washy" answers, so you cannot always pick the middle. You have to have some sort of opinion.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Loblaw Companies.

Interview

The position was contract and I only had one interview with the direct manager. The interviewing process will be different for full time positions. Booking a meeting room is difficult at Loblaw so my interview was held informally in the foyer off to the side so we had some privacy. This was no problem, as it was not busy.

Interview Questions

• The manager conducting the interview was very reasonable and there were no difficult questions. It was your standard Q&A and very informal, yet comfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it was an entry level contract

Legal Department Interview

Interview

It's a quick process and inbounding seems very structured, they will partner you with a buddy but the reality is that everyone is so pushed to their limits that you are basically on your own when it comes to getting your bearings. Be sure to inquire how many people were in your role before you in the last 5 years-- you may be surprised at the high turnover.

I found out that there was a super high turnover rate and I didn't want to take any chances

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

They will first call you for an interview (duh)..
    They ask basic questions such as "what would you do if a customer were to lose it on you?" "why do you want to work here?" etc.. If you got the job they will then ask your for a criminal check (if you are not a criminal, this should be no problem just give them a piece of ID, they will photocopy it and send it out for you) After they send it out, I had to wait about a week and a half until they called me to tell me it went through fine. They then invited to an orientation (basically learning the ins and outs of the store.. whats acceptable and whats not etc..) They will then make you wait for another call to find out when your first shift is!!

Interview Questions

• For me it was the "why do you want to work here?"
      I thought I messed up the whole interview because all I said was "I don't know, I need a job" but they took that for an answer.. but please think about this question. tell them some bs like you like to shop there and it seems like a nice place to work ect..   1 Answer